Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU -3 be Oregon

With a 31-28 win vs Oregon, Michigan State improves to 13-5-1 in top-10 matchups, the best record of any CFB program pic.twitter.com/avX7KIOym3

Crazy win, we were huge on 4th down against a team that plays madden type football. The atmosphere was awesome, crowd was great. We have two solid backs, reminds me of the baker and bell year, burbridge is a go to guy as well.

Cook was 20-32 for 192 yards, 2 TDs and an INT that was because the receiver broke off the route. He was pretty good.

LJ Scott though is basically Le'Veon Bell at the same stage. He's a man.

Looked like a pretty bad throw - over and behind his man. will have to look at it again.

Kick/punt coverage needs a lot of work but overall plenty to be happy about - beat a top 10 team in a close game after coughing up 10 pts (missed chip shot FG and punt return against for a TD). Great running game but I think Fry is my MVP for the night - made so many huge plays.

Hearing Cooeland is fine and will start next week. Kieler is having an MRI, didn't look good. If he's out for theater he can apply for a 6th year.

Looked like a pretty bad throw - over and behind his man. will have to look at it again.

Kick/punt coverage needs a lot of work but overall plenty to be happy about - beat a top 10 team in a close game after coughing up 10 pts (missed chip shot FG and punt return against for a TD). Great running game but I think Fry is my MVP for the night - made so many huge plays.

Somebody completely misread that play. I don't know if it was Cook or the WR, but the ball wasn't even thrown at the spot the WR ended up. Announcers generally place that blame on the WR, but I don't have the knowledge to say either way.

I honestly think we should be giving a huge hand to the defense overall. Yes, the Ducks did outgain us, but 21 points from the offense is going to be a significant exception throughout the season.

Somebody completely misread that play. I don't know if it was Cook or the WR, but the ball wasn't even thrown at the spot the WR ended up. Announcers generally place that blame on the WR, but I don't have the knowledge to say either way.

I honestly think we should be giving a huge hand to the defense overall. Yes, the Ducks did outgain us, but 21 points from the offense is going to be a significant exception throughout the season.

Yeah, the Ducks will average way more than 432 yards per game this year. It's a good 100 yes less than we coughed up to Or, OSU our BUSINESS last yr. Mariotta prob accts for some of that (and probably makes that completion in the end zone in the 4th quarter) but the front seven was really solid. This could end up being a 2 std deviation result for them.

As for the route, it's hard to say. Plenty of evidence to suggest it could have been either guys fault but it looked like a bad throw to me at the time.

my observation...both Oregon and MSU looked good but both are inferior to the teams that played last year in this game.

Nike co-founder and Oregon supporter Phil Knight told MSU athletic director Mark Hollis that it was the best football event -- pro or college -- that he had ever been to, according to MSU spokesperson John Lewandowski.

Back