Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Michigan Week

wow, 11 positions. thats amazing. give him the Heisman.

why does the #2 team in the country need 1 guy to play 11 positions? the answer is simole - they don't. it's just a stupid gimmick to drum up Heisman talk.

Strong reading comprehension. Where did I say he deserved the Heisman? I merely stated that he wasn't overrated.

Peppers has played 11 different positions this season. He's far from overrated. As for Speight, he's improving each game. Other than the pick yesterday I thought he played almost flawless. I didn't really agree with Huard when he said he's a sure fire nfl QB though.

I watched Shane Halter play all 9 positions in one baseball game for the tigers.

Exactly the game I expected. I wish my Spartan brethren the best the remainder of the season.

I watched Shane Halter play all 9 positions in one baseball game for the tigers.

It's a crime he didn't win MVP that season. Even Don Kelly or Danny Worth deserved some MVP votes based on their utility roles.

Strong reading comprehension. Where did I say he deserved the Heisman? I merely stated that he wasn't overrated.

it's called hyperbole - saying "give him the heisman" is a sarcastic way of saying he is overrated. While we're at it, where did I say you were the one who said he was a Heisman candidate? Maybe you should consider other possibilities before you accuse others of reading comprehension deficiencies.

Last edited:
With Lewerke out for the whole year I assume that Dantonio will give O'Connor the rest of the season because "he owes it to him". I honestly cannot watch that loser make another throw. He is utter shit and probably wouldn't start for Grand Valley.

With Lewerke out for the whole year I assume that Dantonio will give O'Connor the rest of the season because "he owes it to him". I honestly cannot watch that loser make another throw. He is utter shit and probably wouldn't start for Grand Valley.

Well, we're supposed to play TOC until we're no longer bowl eligible and considering our next 2 opponents, there's a good chance he was going to be the guy until the Penn State game anyway or at least through half of the OSU game, so you shouldn't be so upset by this...

Last edited:
Well, we're supposed to play TOC until we're no longer bowl eligible and considering our next 2 opponents, there's a good chance he was going to be the guy until the Penn State game anyway or at least through half of the OSU game, so you shouldn't be so upset by this...

I believe that ship has sailed. We can't get to bowl eligible even if we win out.

I believe that ship has sailed. We can't get to bowl eligible even if we win out.

that was sarcasm - we're not going to a bowl game. but technically, aren't we still in the hunt - if we were to win out (lolololol) we would be be .500 with the required minimum 6 wins, right?

that was sarcasm - we're not going to a bowl game. but technically, aren't we still in the hunt - if we were to win out (lolololol) we would be be .500 with the required minimum 6 wins, right?

That furman win doesn't count

That furman win doesn't count

I thought you were allowed 1 win against and FCS opponent - that's what Wikipedia says as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bowl_eligibility

it should count unless Furman doesn't give the requisite number of scholarships. Of course, we're not going to win out and Lewerke's season is over anyway, so none of this really matters. I'm just looking for a good laugh - that's all that can be salvaged from this season.

I thought you were allowed 1 win against and FCS opponent - that's what Wikipedia says as well.

it should count unless Furman doesn't give the requisite number of scholarships. Of course, we're not going to win out and Lewerke's season is over anyway, so none of this really matters. I'm just looking for a good laugh - that's all that can be salvaged from this season.

I'm not sure how it works now. Last year several teams made a bowl at 5-7, I'm wondering if any of those teams were technically 4-7 against FBS opponents.

In all honesty I know the 30 extra practices are beneficial, but I pray to god we don't make a bowl game with a 5-7 record. Call me stubborn but I cannot swallow my pride and accept a bowl invite with a losing record, that's a slap in the face.http://http://s51.photobucket.com/user/skamikazed/media/johnlsmithslap.gif.html

Last edited:

Hmmm, guess I was wrong. Here's to winning out!!! :cheers:

Im fine with not making a bowl once or twice a decade, especially when its going to be a toilet bowl . I hope we can match our recruiting class from last year but I somehow doubt thats going to happen. I like that some of the freshman are getting playing time I just hope we can land 8-10, 4 star guys this year. I think we will be back to 10 win seasons in 2 years. There is a reason the windshield is much larger than the rear view mirrors, right?

Im fine with not making a bowl once or twice a decade, especially when its going to be a toilet bowl . I hope we can match our recruiting class from last year but I somehow doubt thats going to happen. I like that some of the freshman are getting playing time I just hope we can land 8-10, 4 star guys this year. I think we will be back to 10 win seasons in 2 years. There is a reason the windshield is much larger than the rear view mirrors, right?

there is but right now, we look like an asian woman trying to parallel park a Suburban - that big windshield aint helping plus it's covered in dead bugs and bird shit and she keeps signaling right turns trying to activate the wipers...

Back