Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Welcome to MSU Jayru Campbell

johnny2x2x

Blackwell making things happen, #2 for 2015, might be more coming still.

4 star QB who is a fluid athlete at over 6-3 and 190 lbs. Has a good chance to be the starting QB on a 4 time state champ. Of all the Cass Tech recruits, I think he has the most upside.

Last edited:
Could be more announced soon. Turning into a great day.

Like I have been saying, people are going to appreciate how huge of a hire Blackwell was, he's a game changer.

Last edited:
Blackwell making things happen, #2 for 2015, might be more coming still.

4 star QB who is a fluid athlete at over 6-3 and 190 lbs. Has a good chance to be the starting QB on a 4 time state champ. Off all the Cass Tech recruits, I think he has the most upside.

Lanky, needs to fill out but only 16. Wilcher loves him, been raving about hin since he was 16. Had a bama offer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

That Cass Tech team is Campbell's team, he's the QB and best athlete, he calls his own plays. He's one of the smartest kids the coach has seen there and a born leader. Alabi and Weber are very likely to follow him here.

That Cass Tech team is Campbell's team, he's the QB and best athlete, he calls his own plays. He's one of the smartest kids the coach has seen there and a born leader. Alabi and Weber are very likely to follow him here.

Blackwell is going to blast "damn it feels good to be a gangsta" on the way home

Last edited:
Cass Tech Coach Tom Wilcher on Curtis Blackwell:

“Me and Curtis have always had a great working relationship,” Wilcher said. “I think he’s already made an impact, cause all the kids are gonna gravitate towards him. I won’t be surprised if some kids you thought may go to Michigan or Ohio State might end up going to Michigan State.”

Great pickup, but, and yes there's a but, I think MSU is going to grab a bunch of Cass Tech kids in 2015 just because of the way our class is shaping up and the way our offers are being handed out for that year (plus the type of kids, Campbell being a dual threat QB).

Great pickup, but, and yes there's a but, I think MSU is going to grab a bunch of Cass Tech kids in 2015 just because of the way our class is shaping up and the way our offers are being handed out for that year (plus the type of kids, Campbell being a dual threat QB).

Typical michigan fan comment. Youre only getting these kids because of how we're recruiting, blah blah. They cant handle that we had some success in recruiting.

I also like how hes conceding the other cass kids preemptively just in case they dont go to michigan.

Campbell isn't as much of a dual threat as you UM fans make him out to be. He's more of a pocket passer. He fits UM's offense even if you don't want to believe it.

Typical michigan fan comment. Youre only getting these kids because of how we're recruiting, blah blah. They cant handle that we had some success in recruiting.

Not necessarily, but I do think that Dantonio wants to use it as a talking point. The fact is, we didn't offer him. It is semi impressive that he chose MSU over Alabama.

I also like how hes conceding the other cass kids preemptively just in case they dont go to michigan.

No, that's just what most of the recruiting sites are saying. We didn't offer many of the kids that are projected to be the top kids in the state come 2015. Generally, the majority of the kids from Michigan go to either Michigan or Michigan State - so when Michigan bows out, MSU is the likely destination.

Campbell isn't as much of a dual threat as you UM fans make him out to be. He's more of a pocket passer. He fits UM's offense even if you don't want to believe it.

Maybe, but I assume there's a reason our coaches didn't offer him.

No, that's just what most of the recruiting sites are saying. We didn't offer many of the kids that are projected to be the top kids in the state come 2015. Generally, the majority of the kids from Michigan go to either Michigan or Michigan State - so when Michigan bows out, MSU is the likely destination.

The crazy thing is that you actually believe this shit. If you were saying just to bust balls id laugh and move on.

Last edited:

Well I have seen some MSU fans question if he'll even start out his career at QB, believe it or not.

Weird, I thought MSU fans didn't care about recruiting.

We do, we want to get our kids early, its important, but not the end all be all. It would be dumb to say rankings dont matter but its also dumb to place too much value on them. At least not in football, basketball is different

typical spartan... immediately getting defensive and perceiving everything a Mich fan says as some sort of threat or insult.

Guy in Michigan cap: "Hey there, fella. Looks like it might rain today."

Sbee: "UGH... SO ARROGANT. OOOH... it might RAIN because YOU think so? The world does not revolve around you Michigan fans."

Maybe, but I assume there's a reason our coaches didn't offer him.

Hard to tell and we make our assumptions. Michigan fans will say they didnt want him but from his twitter and other sources he wasnt that interested in Michigan. Hes got pics of damon webb and deon drake online and he talks about hiw he loves msu and osu, no Michigan mention, this was months ago.

The crazy thing is that you actually believe this shit. If you were saying just to bust balls id laugh and move on.

This isn't an opinion, these are things that are historically true and or are true about Michigan's offers. There's nothing to "believe".

Back