Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Welcome to MSU Jayru Campbell

Hard to tell and we make our assumptions. Michigan fans will say they didnt want him but from his twitter and other sources he wasnt that interested in Michigan. Hes got pics of damon webb and deon drake online and he talks about hiw he loves msu and osu, no Michigan mention, this was months ago.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Oh, I'D love to have him - as a WR. The problem is that the coaches didn't want him - he didn't have an offer. There's no debating that. Now if the kid had had a Michigan offer and we were saying these things, it would be different.

typical spartan... immediately getting defensive and perceiving everything a Mich fan says as some sort of threat or insult.

Guy in Michigan cap: "Hey there, fella. Looks like it might rain today."

Sbee: "UGH... SO ARROGANT. OOOH... it might RAIN because YOU think so? The world does not revolve around you Michigan fans."

And you wonder why people consider Michigan fans to be pricks. Something good happens to msu and you attempt to shit all over based on your own insecurity. Maybe, just maybe he liked us better. Its not always about you

Oh, I'D love to have him - as a WR. The problem is that the coaches didn't want him - he didn't have an offer. There's no debating that. Now if the kid had had a Michigan offer and we were saying these things, it would be different.

So every kid Michigan wants for 2015 has an offer?

Great pickup, but, and yes there's a but, I think MSU is going to grab a bunch of Cass Tech kids in 2015 just because of the way our class is shaping up and the way our offers are being handed out for that year (plus the type of kids, Campbell being a dual threat QB).

LOL, The Ghost of Yost strikes again. You can't make this shit up.

Not necessarily, but I do think that Dantonio wants to use it as a talking point. The fact is, we didn't offer him. It is semi impressive that he chose MSU over Alabama.

ROFL, semi impressive choosing us over Bama. I needed a good laugh today, you michigan fans didn't let me down.

Well I have seen some MSU fans question if he'll even start out his career at QB, believe it or not.

Well, we got Terry and Durkin, QB's that have been known to use their feet. If campbell wants PT right away and one of those other guys is doing a solid job, he might have to consider something else. It appears the talent is there though, so, we'll see.

He has two years to develop. He would have received an offer as a QB down the road later I'm sure.

Weird, I thought MSU fans didn't care about recruiting.

It's nice to get ( very early ) high level kids. I still think MD's philosophy of RS most freshmen is key. Some of these guys don't need that year, usually the higher rated players. So yeah, it's nice. This isn't set in stone though. I'm excited but we are talking about 2015 here. A lot can happen in that time.

typical spartan... immediately getting defensive and perceiving everything a Mich fan says as some sort of threat or insult.

Guy in Michigan cap: "Hey there, fella. Looks like it might rain today."

Sbee: "UGH... SO ARROGANT. OOOH... it might RAIN because YOU think so? The world does not revolve around you Michigan fans."

LOL, I love your stories.

Campbell isn't as much of a dual threat as you UM fans make him out to be. He's more of a pocket passer. He fits UM's offense even if you don't want to believe it.

This is known to most of our base. Very surprised hoke didn't offer. Another thing is its great hes headed to the big ten instead of the sec or acc. Nice pull

ROFL, semi impressive choosing us over Bama. I needed a good laugh today, you michigan fans didn't let me down.

At the end of the day this doesn't hurt michigan and it makes the big ten better for keeping these kids. Most wouldn't get upset over such a thing.

All I can think of when I read this is what Hungry says after you guys get a recruit that we didn't offer. " Many offers, not MSU though, they didn't want him, obviously" LOL.

At the end of the day this doesn't hurt michigan and it makes the big ten better for keeping these kids. Most wouldn't get upset over such a thing.

I'm not upset, I'm laughing. I needed some comic relief, The Ghost is always good for that.

I do agree that it is good for the B1G, and for us fans. As much as I hate to admit, it's pretty obvious Um has been killing it in recruiting. If we start pulling in some better talent, we SHOULD remain a legit team, meaning good hard fought games in the future.

No, I don't think he does. In his case at least

one thing about this, who really gives a shit if Michigan was or wasn't going to offer? we got a good player, he's young and has two years of HS football yet so it's early to judge him but i'm happy about it. I brought up the bama offer because good programs were interested in him and they know how to evaluate talent.

what Michigan thought about this kid is insignificant.

M&B just wants to be a prick based on his own insecurity, unlike some other posters who simply think that MSU got a good player and leave it at that.

So every kid Michigan wants for 2015 has an offer?

Probably not, no, but usually in-state kids get offers the fastest because the coaches have the most experience with them. How many times do you think Hoke and Co. have visited Cass Tech in the last couple years? The school is our pipeline for kids, so if we were going to offer someone - it probably would have happened by now.

Last edited:
All I can think of when I read this is what Hungry says after you guys get a recruit that we didn't offer. " Many offers, not MSU though, they didn't want him, obviously" LOL.

Just you watch, Dantonio is going to brag about his recruiting haul from the state of Michigan in 2015 and he's going to do so while most of your commits don't have Michigan offers.

I think the major difference here is that the kid comes from a school that is historically our pipeline so MSU fans, maybe not you guys, are going to act as though they've stolen one from us.

one thing about this, who really gives a shit if Michigan was or wasn't going to offer? we got a good player, he's young and has two years of HS football yet so it's early to judge him but i'm happy about it. I brought up the bama offer because good programs were interested in him and they know how to evaluate talent.

what Michigan thought about this kid is insignificant.

M&B just wants to be a prick based on his own insecurity, unlike some other posters who simply think that MSU got a good player and leave it at that.

You were referring to michchamp in the post I replied to.

M&B is just a douche bag.

Well, we got Terry and Durkin, QB's that have been known to use their feet. If campbell wants PT right away and one of those other guys is doing a solid job, he might have to consider something else. It appears the talent is there though, so, we'll see.

Yeah, I was just messing with Keric, he was the one that posed the question a couple days ago.

Back