Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Malik Mcdowell

Sbee

getting down to the wire with him, almost a week until signing day. all indications are that he favors MSU, his mom favors Michigan. his dad is all about what's going to give him the best shot to play in the NFL, I think any of his choices will get him there if he works hard. he canceled LSU this weekend and he's going to OSU, that one scares me because it's a good compromise school to make him and his parents happy.

He's an important recruit but maybe not the most important out there. I'd rather get Harrell or Jones but it does carry weight that he's the #1 player in the state of Michigan.

we might have a lot more signing day drama than we've had in past years. We're down to the wire with Cage, Evans, Harrell, Jones, and Mcdowell. we don't have room for all of those guys, not saying they'll all pick MSU, we have tough competition. if we could close on 2 in that group, i'd say this was MD's best class so far.

one thought about this is that he canceled his LSU official, makes me think he's staying closer to home. OSU is a real threat and don't count Michigan out, he originally said that he wasn't going to do officials to the in state schools since he's been there so much but he did change his mind and do an official in EL, which is good news.

I'd be happy to get either Jones or McDowell, in the past, i think the staff (bw, jls) would just walk away vs go head to head with OSU. this year we have a few kids with buckeye offers already

Funny story on the recruitment
"One of the top players in the state of Michigan recently experienced one of those moments once a recruiting dead period had been lifted b the NCAA. Malik McDowell, from Michigan, had assistant coaches form Michigan, Michigan State and Alabama waiting for a chance to talk with him recently, but apparently one coach could not wait to get his turn for a one-on-one conversation. According to a story shared by McDowell to the Detroit Free Press, Michigan defensive coordinator Greg Mattison walked in and interrupted a conversation between McDowell and Michigan State defensive coordinator Pat Narduzzi.?Michigan State was here, then Michigan came, they just walked right in and sat down,? McDowell said to the Detroit Free Press. ?That was pretty funny. I was just sitting there watching ? (Coach) Narduzzi was sitting right here. It just all stopped. Then (Mattison) was like, ?Oh, is this a bad time?? It made me laugh.?

Narduzzi should just say

"I guess the b10s highest paid defensive coach with the 8 best defense wants to talk to you"

it's better to have a team that seems to really enjoy each other and seems to have a great time. of course wining helps that but these guys are having a great time together.
PM sent over to ya...

Last edited:
I wish I could have that 6 minutes of my life back

McDowells dad came out and said he will not let Malik go to MSU, period. Said Malik would already be an MSU commit. Also said that he will not let him attend any school that not out of the state. Looks like FSU or OSU.

Unless Malik goes against his parents wishes, he is not coming here.

Back