Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Malik Mcdowell

I feel worse for this kid every day. At this point I hope the kid goes to Florida State. Get as far as possible away from your parents kid!!!

Sounds like his parents love attention. I could careless where he decides to play.

Bad news on Cage. He was in fact a silent commit to MSU, but MD told him to keep it silent because the kid wanted to visit Mizzou and ND, the ND visit blew him away and he might be leaning ND now.

Seems that if it was something bad on MSU's end it would have come out by now.

Some rumors that he stayed out too late on his visit but that's not a big deal.

If I had to bet I'd say the parents are getting some kind of benefits from osu and fsu. He's obviously leaning msu otherwise she wouldn't go public.

Now its all about who blinks first, mm ir mommy dearest

Why on earth would she say (paraphrasing) "If Malik doesn't pick MSU tell Dantonio it's because of the interview Matt (Dery) did"?

As if Dantonio is responsible for and should have regrets for the actions of a radio guy in Detroit? As if Dery did something offensive on behalf of MSU? What did I miss?

Also hearing that she said elsewhere that the family (she and/or dad) will move to Florida to be with him at FSU. Who is bankrolling that, and what will they do to support themselves there at Free Shoes University?

This whole thing stinks and the mother is certifiably nuts. She's already taken a huge step in ruining her son's college football experience. If he chooses MSU everyone knows it will be dysfunctional with his family. If he chooses anywhere else, everyone will know he doesn't want to be there. Too much baggage for ANY school at this point.

Lastly, I really doubt anything bad happened between her and MSU. I think she's contriving something out of nothing to justify her anti-MSU stance.

Also, if the theory of the mom and or dad having a financial gain by his choosing FSU or OSU (cash payment for delivering Malik) has any truth in it, I am sure whoever is providing her with that deal will not be happy that the family is so overtly and publicly steering the kid via the media.

I bet any alleged deal dries up under the watchful eye of the public and the NCAA, considering the circus of a process the family (particularly the mother) has created.

Per Twitter his Dad seemed to leak State ....

But LOL at this thread!!! Choosing any other school but State because of academics would be hilarious.

Livestream not working for me, but media reporting from Southfield High that MM chose MSU.

His mother really didn't come to his announcement? Way to ruin an amazing moment for your son. Pathetic

Roolercoaster cycle for MSu recruiting.

Got Evans, YAY!
Didn't get Cage or Jones, Boo!!!
Got HArrell, Yay!!!
Got McDowell, Yay!!!

After the carnival ride that was the Malik McDowell recruitiment the last week, I am surprised he was allowed to pick MSU, but his dad spoke with an MSU coach last night and then gave his blessing.

Mom was nowhere to be found today. She is...somethig else. Might have some problems.

His mother really didn't come to his announcement? Way to ruin an amazing moment for your son. Pathetic

i wouldn't jump to that conclusion, maybe she didn't want the cameras on her. dad spoke and said that he's happy with his decision, said that he wants his son to be happy

Per Twitter his Dad seemed to leak State ....

But LOL at this thread!!! Choosing any other school but State because of academics would be hilarious.

I think highly ranked football players talking about academics is stupid either way. these guys will get a degree and some alumni will hire them.

Hand talking about engineering at UM is hilarious, my cousin who's really smart took 5 years to graduate with an engineering degree because it was so intense and she wasn't an athlete

Back