Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

ND currently the favorite this Saturday

Michchamp

avg line I've seen is Irish by 5 1/2.

By and large, I agree. I think ND gets up early, then holds off MSU's comeback late.

The Irish have been tested and know what they have to improve on.

MSU hasn't been tested AND have their 1st road game.

IF MSU's defense contains the Irish, that would be a big achievement.

I am a little surprised by this. I guess they are thinking there is no way ND makes that many mistakes again. they beat themselves twice, especially last week. they play even close to mistake free football and they beat Michigan by 20-30 points. The DBs can cover, but Floyd is a special talent.

We'll see, I do know that Note Dame is a pretty good team with a lot of talent who0 just found dozens of ways to beat themselves in consecutive week. it wouldn't surprise me to see a much more disciplined Fighting Irish squad on Saturday.

Not surprised, @ ND. They have made a lot of mistakes in all their loses, easily could have won both games. Now they are 0-2 and not wanting to start the year 0-3. They are going to play pissed off. Could be a long day for us.

Here's why the line suprises me:
MSU #15, ND unranked
MSU 10-4 in last 14 meetings vs. Irish
MSU 6-1 last 7 meetings in South Bend
ND has won 1 game by more than 3 points in last 15 meetings (7 point win in '04)

Not sure why every thinks it will be a romp. These two teams normally play pretty close games.. MSU sure does own the NBC network team in the last 14 games going 10-4... But if ND does not turn the ball over it will be a close game... My wife will be rooting big time on Saturday for MSU.. MSU has really cut in to the all-time series too the last as it stands now at 46-32-1 for ND... Keep that Megaphone Trophy!!!

1997 A MSU 23-7.
1998 H MSU 45-23.
1999 A MSU 21-13
2000 H MSU 27-21.
2001 A MSU 17-10.
2002 H ND 21-17.
2003 A MSU 22-16.
2004 H ND 31-24.
2005 A MSU 44-41 OT.
2006 H ND 40-37.
2007 A MSU 31-14.
2008 H MSU 23-7.
2009 A ND 33-30.
2010 H MSU 34-31 OT.

I am torn here ....I really hate noter dame but then again, a 3-0 Sparty after the first two weeks is well ....

The ND defense sucks and if Sparty calls a good game, I think Cousins can tear them apart. But if they go 'Tressel ball' and run it, ND has a shot. That said, all things equal I think "ND deserves a win" meets "MSU reverting to the mean after a large season" and ND saves face.

The students will go crazy and that little homo dressed up as the guy from Lucky Charms will act like they won the NC but, I think ND pulls it out .....

i would be shocked if sparty didn't win by double digits. their defense lightyear's ahead of ours and much better than USF. Rees will throw 3 or 4 picks minimum. Unless their offense flounders.....Sparty 31 ND 20

[quote author=bigvic board=sparty thread=1483 post=36172 time=1316044373]I am torn here ....I really hate noter dame but then again, a 3-0 Sparty after the first two weeks is well ....

The ND defense sucks and if Sparty calls a good game, I think Cousins can tear them apart. But if they go 'Tressel ball' and run it, ND has a shot. That said, all things equal I think "ND deserves a win" meets "MSU reverting to the mean after a large season" and ND saves face.

The students will go crazy and that little homo dressed up as the guy from Lucky Charms will act like they won the NC but, I think ND pulls it out .....

I think your right Vic. Cousins is the key, but I do see us trying to establish the run game at whatever cause and we aren't running the ball like we did last year. I think Dantonio has had a lot of luck this last year in close games and we finally DON'T get a break and lose.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]i would be shocked if sparty didn't win by double digits. their defense lightyear's ahead of ours and much better than USF. Rees will throw 3 or 4 picks minimum. Unless their offense flounders.....Sparty 31 ND 20

I like your prediction Monster, still have a bad feeling here.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]I was at that 06 ND MSU night game it was insane

I think that's the one where Valenti blew up on the radio afterwards.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]i would be shocked if sparty didn't win by double digits. their defense lightyear's ahead of ours and much better than USF. Rees will throw 3 or 4 picks minimum. Unless their offense flounders.....Sparty 31 ND 20

less than 48 hours to game time... avg. line: Irish -5.

Monster, I think you are WAY underestimating the effect of being "battle tested" here. Not only is this going to be MSU's first opponent with comparable talent, but it's their 1st road game, against a team with their backs to the wall.

ND isn't going to fold; MSU is going to have to play a solid game, not only to win, but to hold off any ND rallies.

MichChamp02 said:
[color=#FF6103 said:

Monster, I think you are WAY underestimating the effect of being "battle tested" here. Not only is this going to be MSU's first opponent with comparable talent, but it's their 1st road game, against a team with their backs to the wall.

ND isn't going to fold; MSU is going to have to play a solid game, not only to win, but to hold off any ND rallies.

Trust me, it's hard for me to admit that sparty has talent. But, on paper they're a much better team than ND and better coached. If they lose, it will because of self inflicted wounds.

MichChamp02 said:
[color=#FF6103 said:

ND is two for two in the folding department so I don't know why you would think they won't fold. The biggest reason they could lose is what you said about ND having their backs against the wall. They are going to play pissed after what happened the first two games. If we are really something to talk about this year this is the game to start it. We win, things could get pretty interesting this year.

was that a white cb trying to cover on that td pass? If so, thats why you dont play white cbs.

Back