Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Denard: The Gift that Keeps On Giving

If an MSU player says something about Michigan, and no one listens, did he really say anything at all? HAS an MSU player ever said anything about Michigan? I would not know.

If an MSU player says something about Michigan, and no one listens, did he really say anything at all? HAS an MSU player ever said anything about Michigan? I would not know.

We don't really talk a lot, since Mike Hart popped off we've just kept quiet and whipped your asses regularly. Your guys talking about us makes it so much more fun when we beat you. Fitz Toussaint was great last year too, he started off with the little brother stuff the week before the game, did he back it up with a good game against us? i don't remember.

We don't really talk a lot, since Mike Hart popped off we've just kept quiet and whipped your asses regularly. Your guys talking about us makes it so much more fun when we beat you. Fitz Toussaint was great last year too, he started off with the little brother stuff the week before the game, did he back it up with a good game against us? i don't remember.

Justification indeed for living. Even when M was pummeling MSU seasons in and out I never pondered on it that much. Must be me.

Justification indeed for living. Even when M was pummeling MSU seasons in and out I never pondered on it that much. Must be me.

I understand this is kind of your calling card, you've insinuated MSU's insignificance to you a number of times. This is essentially what Frank Clark said about MSU, I hope you all keep it up.

Michigan is all hat, no cattle

What, did Dion Sims approach her?
it's odd for someone who constantly says that msu is so insignificant to know such detail. It's even surprising that you know this msu board exists, stranger still that you post here.

Last edited:

You should ask Devin Gardner what hurts more - smack talk from a laptop thief that barely made the stat sheet for the game or being on the receiving end of 7 sacks plus multiple gang tackles by the Spartan defense. Did Frank Clark get credited for anything other than the number of plays he lined up for in that game?

For someone who claims to not know or care what MSU players say, you sure know a lot about what MSU fans say and you never seem to miss an opportunity to remind us that you don't know or care every single time the subject of michigan comes up here.

Last edited:
it's odd for someone who constantly says that msu is so insignificant to know such detail. It's even surprising that you know this msu board exists, stranger still that you post here.

With each passing season, the Michigan board becomes less relevant. Ergo, you can expect to see increasing numbers of DSF members come crashing here.

With each passing season, the Michigan board becomes less relevant. Ergo, you can expect to see increasing numbers of DSF members come crashing here.

The achievements of the two programs actually has an effect on the relevance of these two message boards in our own isolated little corner of the interwebs?

You should ask Devin Gardner what hurts more - smack talk from a laptop thief that barely made the stat sheet for the game or being on the receiving end of 7 sacks plus multiple gang tackles by the Spartan defense. Did Frank Clark get credited for anything other than the number of plays he lined up for in that game?

For someone who claims to not know or care what MSU players say, you sure know a lot about what MSU fans say and you never seem to miss an opportunity to remind us that you don't know or care every single time the subject of michigan comes up here.

Apple = Cinderblock. But, hey, being a fence-straddler like you is not appealing to me. Rooting for the University of Michigan State Wolvertans is odd, but at least you are never let down.

Apparently

Only to us DSF posters.

Which in the grand scheme of things isn't much of a measure of shift of relevance.

Now - I did see one of the ESPNU talking head predicting that MSU will make the NC playoff.

Michigan is unranked.

That's a little bit more of a relevant indication of a shift in relevance in recent years.

Last edited:

Look, the Philip Nolan of the board is vamping on about relevance of the Michigan forum.

Back in 82, if coach would have put me in, we'd have won state.

Apple = Cinderblock. But, hey, being a fence-straddler like you is not appealing to me. Rooting for the University of Michigan State Wolvertans is odd, but at least you are never let down.

So your obsession with repeatedly informing Spartan fans that you're not the least bit concerned with their program or what players say is somehow different than some Spartan fans obsession with trash talk from michigan - so different as to be completely incomparable. Very interesting indeed. What doesn't make sense to me is your need to not get along with Spartan fans - especially if you don't care about MSU or what Spartan players say.

As for sitting on the fence, i'm neither neutral or indecisive when it comes to my loyalties or preferences with respect to college football. Think of it like this - the Spartans are raindrops on roses and the wolverines are whiskers on kittens - I like them both but one decidedly more than the other and the hierarchy never changes. And over the years, I've been let down by both many times.

Back