Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Oregon game

Somebody almost always goes undefeated, but that's not really the fight. The fight right now is that the SEC is considered the strongest conference and will assuredly get one bid in the playoffs. FSU only plays 2 decent-good teams all year in Clemson and ND (ND which probably isn't really that good to begin with), and there is a good chance they go undefeated. The Pac 12 is considered a stronger conference than the B1G, so teams with equal losses (outside of a direct loss to the other as in MSU-Oregon) are advantage Pac 12. So this week is pretty much setting up the Big 10 vs. Big 12 final spot. A win this week for MSU should vault them into the top 4. At that point it's just a game of which team loses first to knock themselves out.

MSU just isn't going to vault an unbeaten FSU, Alabama, or Oklahoma. They don't have the schedule for it. Oregon obviously is beatable, and UCLA's mediocre performance this week makes them easy to jump. And that's the playoff field until one of those teams loses.

What would it say for the big ten is Michigan state wins

Not sure it would really say anything about the conference. MSU was head and shoulders above everyone in the Big Ten last year. It would be a big statement for MSU though in showing that last year wasn't a fluke.

I'm going to watch this game with a dispassionate point of view. Watch out; the field is crowned.

Well ? I've taken up observing MSU football as a part-time hobby.

I have to say, I find it rather surprising that you choose to watch MSU at oregon over uofm at nd. Surely that will be a more interesting contest than app st in aa...

I'm going to watch this game with a dispassionate point of view. Watch out; the field is crowned.

and aren't they all crowned a little? for drainage

Edit: nevermind, just googled crowned field michigan and read the Lloyd Carr quote from a game at Oregon. FYI, I first googled crowned football field and read a piece about field construction - turns out not all fields are crowned. Most (presumably excluding indoor fields) are either slightly crowned or slightly tilted from one sideline to the other for drainage.

Last edited:
What would it say for the big ten is Michigan state wins

or at least plays a close game...

talk about being insecure & burdened with a crushing inferiority complex. we can't even say we expect state to win, without apparently provoking them. jeez.

and aren't they all crowned a little? for drainage

Edit: nevermind, just googled crowned field michigan and read the Lloyd Carr quote from a game at Oregon. FYI, I first googled crowned football field and read a piece about field construction - turns out not all fields are crowned. Most (presumably excluding indoor fields) are either slightly crowned or slightly tilted from one sideline to the other for drainage.

I don't remember too much about that 2003 Oregon-Michigan game, other than we played like garbage, and pissed away what should've been a solid W.

talk about being insecure & burdened with a crushing inferiority complex. we can't even say we expect state to win, without apparently provoking them. jeez.

I think you just have an over inflated sense of self worth, contrary to what Michigan alumni think, the world does not revolve around them.

I don't mind you guys over here. It's good to hear from your big sister from time to time.

I think you just have an over inflated sense of self worth, contrary to what Michigan alumni think, the world does not revolve around them.

No, but we make it spin.

DVR is my friend.

maybe I'm mistaken but I thought last week you said you had no interest in michigan v nd. I plan to watch and record both (primarily watch MSU but switch over to mich/nd during commercials/half time) and record both for big plays I may miss...

Go State! go blue!

I don't remember too much about that 2003 Oregon-Michigan game, other than we played like garbage, and pissed away what should've been a solid W.

My yard isn't crowned but it definitely slopes away from the driveway. Now I know why my 4yr old is having trouble making the catch on the out patterns.

Last edited:
maybe I'm mistaken but I thought last week you said you had no interest in michigan v nd. I plan to watch and record both (primarily watch MSU but switch over to mich/nd during commercials/half time) and record both for big plays I may miss...

Go State! go blue!

Did I? I know that I said that I will be glad to see this "rivalry" end. ND-MSU should go on, though.

so, did anyone notice that MSU is playing Oregon this weekend?

Back