Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Osu

Sbee

Msu opens as 1.5 favorite, pretty surprised by that line. I thought we'd be favored by 5 or 6. I don't think osu is as good as Nebraska, if I bet football I'd take this one.

Msu opens as 1.5 favorite, pretty surprised by that line. I thought we'd be favored by 5 or 6. I don't think osu is as good as Nebraska, if I bet football I'd take this one.

OSU is better than Nebraska...but I do bet and I will jump on this line today. I will give the 1.5. My guess is the line will be over 3.5 by gameday and MSU should cover that line. MSU will win by more than a TD.

edit

Bovada doesn't have it up yet but Vegas insider has the open at -1.5 but it is up to -3.5 already. It will probably get up to -6 or -6.5. I doubt they push it up to a TD

Last edited:
That opening line was a gift and it didn't last. By 8 last night everyone had it at either -3 or -3.5. I still like it as I think they will pressure Barrett and so far he hasn't handled pressure very well. Slight edge to MSU in turnover margin but the detail makes me a little nervous - their def has 14 interceptions, almost 2 per game.

One of the glaring holes from here on out is Geiger, its a distinct possiblity he is going to cost us a game this year. Id think 5-6 point also

One of the glaring holes from here on out is Geiger, its a distinct possiblity he is going to cost us a game this year. Id think 5-6 point also

Agreed. He has been awful. He's 2 of 5 from 40-49yds and 3 of 5 from 30-39yds. At this point the 20 to the 35 yard line should be 4 down territory or Little Giants redux territory...

Last edited:

Could not agree more, he's been John Goss and Dan Conroy senior year like

Sadler has been bad this year too. He's having a bad senior year

Bucks kicker is very shaky as well. Punter is probably best in the conference but the kicker.... not so much. Buckeye fans do not want the game to come down to his leg.

As for the game, I like how the Buckeyes are coming together. Lot's of weapons on offense and the D is playing tons better than last year. I don't think they're ready to take Sparty in EL, however. Spartans are solid, Cook is NFL talent in the making and it just feels to me as if Dantonio has Meyer's number for the moment. Hoping for a win, expecting to be disappointed.

Bucks kicker is very shaky as well. Punter is probably best in the conference but the kicker.... not so much. Buckeye fans do not want the game to come down to his leg.

As for the game, I like how the Buckeyes are coming together. Lot's of weapons on offense and the D is playing tons better than last year. I don't think they're ready to take Sparty in EL, however. Spartans are solid, Cook is NFL talent in the making and it just feels to me as if Dantonio has Meyer's number for the moment. Hoping for a win, expecting to be disappointed.

big time revenge factor for OSU but will they be able to do anything about it? they have a young offensive line and MSU will be rested and have plenty of time to prep for them.

Sadler has been bad this year too. He's having a bad senior year

Yeah, he's been pretty disappointing especially when it comes to flipping the field - he's still been pretty accurate on short punts giving guys at least the opportunity to down the ball but seems like he's been shanking punts when trying to boot the ball downfield from our own end - maybe that explains why he's been doing the rugby style kicks so much (or at least it seems like he's been doing them a lot, I haven't been keeping track).

Yeah, he's been pretty disappointing especially when it comes to flipping the field - he's still been pretty accurate on short punts giving guys at least the opportunity to down the ball but seems like he's been shanking punts when trying to boot the ball downfield from our own end - maybe that explains why he's been doing the rugby style kicks so much (or at least it seems like he's been doing them a lot, I haven't been keeping track).
I'm pretty sure he had some surgery in the off season and maybe that sapped his power a little bit.

I'm pretty sure he had some surgery in the off season and maybe that sapped his power a little bit.

there you go - knee surgery on his plant leg. Apparently he was punting hurt all last year and punting better than he has been this year since corrective surgery. Although he maintains it's not bothering him...

I think we have a perfect chance to move up in the committee poll this week, but we need to dominate Ohio State. 2tds + although that'll be really hard to do. A lot of teams ahead of us play, unfortunately Notre Dame and ASU play each other and they're right behind us so the winner will probably jump us.

I love how he shits all over Howard but ripping ESPN for their SEC obsession is great as well. This may be the best quote:

"Plenty to get to here in East Lansing - when we return we'll check in with the SEC's game of the day in Baton Rouge and we'll talk some more about the case for a two or three-loss SEC team in the playoff over the Big Ten champion."

I can't stand the SEC either but why wouldn't they talk about the best football conference out there. The Big10 has been pretty much irrelevant since OSU won the NC in 2002.

I can't stand the SEC either but why wouldn't they talk about the best football conference out there. The Big10 has been pretty much irrelevant since OSU won the NC in 2002.

They became irrelevant in 2006 when everybody thought OSU was easily the best team only to get smoked by UF. The conference has been looked down on since then. The whole conference needs to start beating other power 5 schools.

You know what'd be hilarious? If in the SEC championship game Mizzou beat who ever came out of the west. So in theory Indiana > All of SEC

Back