Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

+5 vs Duke

Nice trolling attempt, I see you're trying to trash this thread here with obvious baiting

Oh, sorry. I thought this thread was for posting meaningless data points trying to make them sound like a big deal. I was just going along.

Last edited:
Also, if you're going to troll, at least get it right. We only lost to 3 teams that didn't make the tournament.

My bad, I didn't realize Texas Southern (SWAC tourney champs) got a 15 seed. But now I feel obligated to point out that you failed to point out that 4 of our losses were to conference champions and 3 were to conference tournament champions...

Last edited:
Nice, that is one of the most memorable tournament moments for me. I Remember where I was and even what table I was sitting at. Joes on Weed Street.

I was only in middle school, my family went out west for spring break (Vegas, Grand Canyon, San Diego). Watched the Duke win in our hotel in Vegas, watched the UK win at some Chilis near San Bernardino on the drive to SD, then watched the loss to UNC in the Final Four at the Bellagio in Vegas the day before we flew home. A memorable vacation to say the least.

Man, just saw that we haven't out-rebounded any of our opponents so far in the tourney. Crazy

This will be the 3rd straight time we've played duke in indy, 2015 FF, 2014 champions classic, 2013 sweet 16.

nice video of forbes making 17 3's in a row in practice today

https://vimeo.com/124049673

I think he'll have a better game than he did in December, he was still wearing the cast back then, accounted for a few turnovers

I have no logical basis for it, but I think we get it done tomorrow. I also think Wisconsin beats Kentucky to make for an all Big Ten final.

Last edited:
I have no logical basis for it, but I think we get it done tomorrow. I also think Wisconsin beats Kentucky to make for an all Big Ten final.
I've thought that all week, team of destiny. I think duke is looking towards Kentucky already.

Also, the rivals mod who covers msu says that we smell victory and can see it on film, said that duke is the team that needs to be hot from 3 and if both teams play their b plus game that we win. Tak ew it for what it's worth but this guy is not a fan boy at all

I think we win as long as it's not called super tight inside, I Wolenman plays 8 minutes or more were in trouble. I think our pace is much better than the first generation and we run Okafor until he's gassed. I could see him scoring a lot early and getting worn out like Harrell was. If they let them play we win

I think our only chance is if Valentine shows up for the whole game. Without him stepping up big I just don't see us winning.

I think our only chance is if Valentine shows up for the whole game. Without him stepping up big I just don't see us winning.
We need 3 guys to score some points and he needs to be one of them. I think he'll be a lot better than he was vs duke first time when he turned it over 5 times

Denzel Valentine stays out of foul trouble and we'll have a great chance to win.

Back