Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU -3 be Oregon

johnny2x2x

MSU -3 vs Oregon

Should be a great game. I think neither team's defense is as good as last year's. Adams is no Mariota though and I think we can sack him a lot.

Last edited:
The quick throws can negate a good defensive line. Stuffing the run early is a must. Need big games from Copeland and Cox.

I think Copeland is going to be a star before he is done at MSU. Following in the footsteps of Wayne's and Dennard.

I'm thinking MSU wins 45-35

One thing I noticed about Adams is he his down on first contact even if it's just an arm. He's small and not used to breaking tackles.

The crazy thing is that the eastern Washington qb put those numbers up in his first game. The concern for us is our corners in nickel and dome packages, I thought cox was solid and Copeland looked great, it was the 3rd and 4th cb's that got picked on Friday.

If Cook is on his game MSU wins going away. Oregon's defense is awful.. I mean EMU was 11-3 last year so they were not terrible but come on 42 points.. Cook may have 4 TD's passing.. That should do it...

I think our defense is slightly less awful. Big change from 2 years ago! If we are as aggressive as they are its going to be a shit show of touchdowns. Well, we better be aggressive in our play calls. Im skeptical.

We will have over 200 recruits on campus for this weekend's game. Wow.

We will have over 200 recruits on campus for this weekend's game. Wow.

Nice to be a recruit in this day and age. Get treated like a king even if you're not even considering going to the school. But who would pass on this game? Can't blame them.

Stopping the run is going to make or break our defense. Oregon is going to score, and Oregon is going to frustrate the hell out of us (fans) with those 5 yard bubble screens. But we should still have a stout run defense, and Oregon ultimately wants to have a rushing attack to take pressure off Adams. Remember this is a team that's been top 10 in rushing each of the past five seasons (top 5 four times). They've only been a truly great passing team in Mariota's last year.

Oregon's offense is predicated on running the ball. If we can take that away from them, the game should be ours.

Going back and forth on this game, may be a toss up. I worry about our 3rd and 4th corners getting torched, most of the big plays last week we're against Calhoun, Edmonson, and hicks. I think we'll be able to score and stop the run, I see a baylor type score with the last team with the ball winning. Their secondary is horrid but if they line up 4 wide they'll have a few matchup to exploit against us.

Nice to be a recruit in this day and age. Get treated like a king even if you're not even considering going to the school. But who would pass on this game? Can't blame them.

it's 2016, 2017, and 2018, part of the spartan 300 series. we are showing interest in all of these kids and offering the younger ones that develop

Last season the temperature on the field was 110+ degrees at game time, that was evident in the 2nd half where we ran out of gas IMO. Oregon was the better conditioned team and they had been training in the heat for weeks.

This Saturday it will be in the mid 50s during the game, fatigue due to the heat will not be a factor.

I've gone back and forth on predictions for this one, i originally said MSU would go 11-1 with a loss to OSU this year, which obviously included an Oregon win. I saw some holes in the secondary against WMU, not as much Cox and Copeland but the colqohoun, edmondson, and hicks to a lesser extent. Oregon is going to go with 4-5 wide a lot and potentially exploit those matchups. Oregon has 3 new starters in the defensive backfield and got torched by an EWU QB playing in his first game as a starter, I guess they may have more problems than we do. we just have to hope that nobody gets hurt in the secondary, mainly safety. we have meyers suspended, two red shirt freshmen behind him. We'd have to slide cox back to safety and then go with one of those nickel corners at the boundary or field

MSU 41
Oregon 38

Last edited:
this is a really tough game to pick. MSU only put up 37 and allowed 24 to Western. However, Oregon gave up 42 last week to a shitty team! I think it will be a high scoring game with neither defense having much success stopping the other offense.

MSU 45
Oregon 42

Last edited:
We'll see how Vernon Adams handles the big stage, I just saw an interview with him where he said the toughest environment he has played in was at Montana. I don't know how a new QB will handle the crowd noise and atmosphere in east lansing

I think we can slow down their run game and Adams doesn't throw a great deep ball.

MSU 41 Oregon 32

fyi the ticket office released some more tickets today, you can call and get them if you're interested

Late money coming in in MSU, line up to -5.5. Probably because of Adams's broken finger in his throwing hand.

Back