Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU -4 Vs Iowa in BCG

I called that option at the game, what a fucking win, Indy is going crazy right now. Raise your hand if you ever would have believed we would be playing for a national championship in football in your lifetime, damn proud right now

another great play was hicks committing the PI to prevent the TD

I called that option at the game, what a fucking win, Indy is going crazy right now. Raise your hand if you ever would have believed we would be playing for a national championship in football in your lifetime, damn proud right now

When Dantonio was hired I was hopeful, when we beat Wisconsin at SS in 2011 I believed, this team and program has been improving ever since. Even the 7-6 season I felt that the talent level was on the rise.

When Dantonio was hired I was hopeful, when we beat Wisconsin at SS in 2011 I believed, this team and program has been improving ever since. Even the 7-6 season I felt that the talent level was on the rise.

7-6 season was a result of key injuries and a bad QB, put a decent QB on that team and they win 10 games. kills me we wasted leveon's last year

oh well, it's worked out well since then. if Maxwell was better then cook never gets the shot in the BWW bowl, doesn't have the chance to win the job in 13

Last edited:
I wasn't on here during the game so I don't know if this was brought up but I noticed while re-watching the game last night that Price was pretty much a non-factor. I'm only up to half time on this go-round and I know he had the big conversion on the shovel pass and Cook overthrew him at least once, but most of the pass plays to TEs seemed to go to Lyles or Lang, at least in the 1st half. I know it's not unusual for those guys to get touches but usually the distribution is reversed. Any issues/concerns there, was it game-planning or just sort of a fluke that he wasn't targeted? He seemed to be fine. Obviously Cook wasn't 100% so that could be it as well but it made me wonder.

Last edited:
I wasn't on here during the game so I don't know if this was brought up but I noticed while re-watching the game last night that Price was pretty much a non-factor. I'm only up to half time on this go-round and I know he had the big conversion on the shovel pass and Cook overthrew him at least once, but most of the pass plays to TEs seemed to go to Lyles or Lang, at least in the 1st half. I know it's not unusual for those guys to get touches but usually the distribution is reversed. Any issues/concerns there, was it game-planning or just sort of a fluke that he wasn't targeted? He seemed to be fine. Obviously Cook wasn't 100% so that could be it as well but it made me wonder.

I'm not sure what's up with Price, he had a few injuries early on, not sure if anything is lingering and affecting his play. Lyles had his number called early on and I think he had two penalties, including a weak offensive PI call.

Price has been hobbled all year, he's only started 1 game the last half of the season. It's a lower body injury so I think it's effected both his blocking and his ability to get open. Lang has stepped up and made some big catches, but a healthy Josiah Price just gives us different kind of threat, he's a top end TE. Let's hope he can be closer to 100% for the Playoffs, but if I had to hazard a guess I bet he gets surgery in the off season and isn't fully healthy until next Fall.

The injuries have really been something else. Of the starters, only Burbridge, Clark and Brian Allen have played every game on offense, that's just crazy to go 12-1 with that kind of whole sale devastation from injuries. There is no way we would have survived this much several years ago.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what's up with Price, he had a few injuries early on, not sure if anything is lingering and affecting his play. Lyles had his number called early on and I think he had two penalties, including a weak offensive PI call.

That PI call on our opening drive was terrible. There were a few of bad calls on both sides again but to listen to the FOX color commentator (I forget his name) you'd think the refs were infallible.

That PI call on our opening drive was terrible. There were a few of bad calls on both sides again but to listen to the FOX color commentator (I forget his name) you'd think the refs were infallible.

The PI later in the game on Burbridge was just as bad, the Iowa defender practically tackled him into the other Iowa defender, it was defensive holding. It cost us a scoring drive.

The hold on Conklin was comically bad, he pancaked that player.

Just finished re-watching the game. That call on Burbridge was total crap. But I also noticed that on the TD play, Jack Allen could easily have gotten a motion penalty. he was lined up in the backfield and he moved early.

Just finished re-watching the game. That call on Burbridge was total crap. But I also noticed that on the TD play, Jack Allen could easily have gotten a motion penalty. he was lined up in the backfield and he moved early.

I also think they missed hands to the face by Malik a couple times.

I've re-watched the game a couple times, so hard hitting. A couple things, Shilique Calhoun was a man possessed, he was everywhere. Malik McDowell took the Iowa All American Center and pushed him 7 yards into the backfield every single time they didn't give him a double team, wow. Darien Harris is a thumper and showed some elite speed.

LJ Scott is insanely hard to tackle even if he loses his momentum he still gets yards after contact every time.

Back