Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Josh Jackson to kansas, possibly tonight.

The coaches are a lot more optimistic that they were before the weekend

Where did you hear that? I've got to think him being with Miles this week has to help.

Comparoni and some other insiders. Nothing is a lock by any means but this sounds like a case of kid vs mom, right now people are liking the kids chances of getting what he wants.

Comparoni and some other insiders. Nothing is a lock by any means but this sounds like a case of kid vs mom, right now people are liking the kids chances of getting what he wants.

If all that stuff is true and who knows at this point, it does beg the question of why she's so adamant on Kansas. It's not like the choice is Kansas vs U-D or something. It's also not like they have a great record of developing 1 and dones. Sure they recruit a ton of them and a lot of them leave after a year because they think they're all that...then go on to do absolutely nothing in the NBA. I cringe as I write this but Kentucky has a much better track record in that regard. Either she really, really hates the girlfriend or there's something else going on.

If all that stuff is true and who knows at this point, it does beg the question of why she's so adamant on Kansas. It's not like the choice is Kansas vs U-D or something. It's also not like they have a great record of developing 1 and dones. Sure they recruit a ton of them and a lot of them leave after a year because they think they're all that...then go on to do absolutely nothing in the NBA. I cringe as I write this but Kentucky has a much better track record in that regard. Either she really, really hates the girlfriend or there's something else going on.

So much speculation but she wanted him to go out of state to california ( she also liked prolific preps academic programs) and " not be around the wrong people" Maybe there are some bad influences in her mind in the area or that he hung around before so shes adamant on him continuing to play out of state. A total guess on my part but makes sense from her prior statements

So much speculation but she wanted him to go out of state to california ( she also liked prolific preps academic programs) and " not be around the wrong people" Maybe there are some bad influences in her mind in the area or that he hung around before so shes adamant on him continuing to play out of state. A total guess on my part but makes sense from her prior statements

Perhaps, but if a kid hasn't figured out how to navigate all that by now or next year, good luck with that a year later when he's presumably in the NBA.

Perhaps, but if a kid hasn't figured out how to navigate all that by now or next year, good luck with that a year later when he's presumably in the NBA.

Oh I agree on that account not to mention he is a year older than his classmates. I think its just mom being mom which doesnt help our case. if hes in the NBA hes already hit the lottery, im sure she doesnt want that to be fouled up before he gets there. I think we have a good chance but I felt better about it a few weeks ago than now.

Last edited:
It seems that we're still in it, might be less than 50-50, but there are some signs pointing to the good guys. And thankfully, the trolls don't have to worry about a scholarship being available anymore as 2 kids transferred. Only the school an hour to the Southeast of EL is over signed.

It seems that we're still in it, might be less than 50-50, but there are some signs pointing to the good guys. And thankfully, the trolls don't have to worry about a scholarship being available anymore as 2 kids transferred. Only the school an hour to the Southeast of EL is over signed.

I was concerned about a scholarship but I wouldnt consider myself a troll. Generally a troll would be hoping one would not be available because they are not an MSU fan/ Alum.

People can troll/speculate that Izzo perhaps ran them off all they want, but the bottom line is the team had 14 players this year that at one time or another were seeing time in the regular rotation. That is unheard of for any basketball team that I've seen and is too much of a good thing. It had the potential to be as crowded or more next year. It makes complete sense for a couple to move on to where there might be greater opportunity.

I read it as a case of mom wants JJ to be away from all the distractions that COULD take place if he goes to MSU. Playing and hanging out with friends. Girlfriend just down the road. Shit......just those two things can take your focus away from a lot of things.....especially at 19. Even at that age.......the next year is extremely important for him, professionally.

She may just want him to be able to get away from all those (possible) distractions and focus on basketball for the next 365 days... and for whatever reason she feels he'll do that better in Lawrence than EL.

I read it as a case of mom wants JJ to be away from all the distractions that COULD take place if he goes to MSU. Playing and hanging out with friends. Girlfriend just down the road. Shit......just those two things can take your focus away from a lot of things.....especially at 19. Even at that age.......the next year is extremely important for him, professionally.

She may just want him to be able to get away from all those (possible) distractions and focus on basketball for the next 365 days... and for whatever reason she feels he'll do that better in Lawrence than EL.

This :nod:

Why are all the "bad" influences always in Michigan. We heard the same crap for McDowell.

We only hear about the ones in Michigan because that's what we follow - I'm sure there are parents who want their kids away from "familiar" local influences in California, Florida, NY, NJ, etc.

Last edited:
Why are all the "bad" influences always in Michigan. We heard the same crap for McDowell.

And I would add that it's a great idea that couldn't possibly fail. It has nothing to do with finding the right coaches and athletic department that supports the kids and helps get and keep them on the right path. All you have to do is send them somewhere out of state and they'll be fine. I mean if Aaron Hernandez didn't leave Connecticut, he'd probably would have ended up in jail or worse...

Latest update from someone on another board who has contacts in JJ's camp and is reputable

Status quo. Hearing exactly the same things as before re Josh, where his head is at, etc. it's MSU.

That's what I hear as of 9 pm. All the caveats apply as before. It's friends and girlfriend vs bill self and his Rolodex of agents, to quote this person. Right now, I'm being told the former is winning.

Jackson is easily the best player playing in the McD's AA game right now. Just smooth and versatile as well as explosive. He looks like an NBA player right now.

Back