Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Sept 17th @ ND

If you think MSU is replacing a lot, go look at what notre dame is replacing. If notre dame wins against Texas I give MSU a 60% chance of winning. If they lose to Texas it's going to be tough.

EDIT: BYU beat Arizona last night, they're a solid team!

If ND beats Texas that indicates they are somewhat talented, losing means they are less talented id think. Now if they scrape by texas ok I see it but if they beat them handily thats not a good indicator for us. I guess it comes down to their performance tonight.

Im going to watch and see how they play tonight. In the meantime we need to figure out what to do about nicholson and hicks and of course unforced errors. We have 120 yards of penalties, Thats going to cost us a few scores against good competition. Teams are just going to avoid copeland all year.

I think the penalties won't be a long term problem like they would be under BW or JLS. I'd give us 35% chance in south bend

In this scenario im with you, Texas squeaks a win out is not good when they are playing at home next game. I thought this game was at ND also, nope. Ill say ND -6.0

ND has Nevada to get fired up for and take out their frustration on. I don't think this loss makes our game any tougher. To me it supports what I said earlier - that ND is beatable - Texas could be much improved but they're coming off 2 losing seasons. We need to be more concerned with MD fixing what's wrong with the Spartans than we do about the Irish.

I think playing a game this week is a bug advantage to ND.

The secondary scares me. I trust Copeland, he completely shut down one side of the field. Hicks better get ready because he will get picked on by every team the rest of the year. After watching that ND game last night I feel pretty good.

The secondary scares me. I trust Copeland, he completely shut down one side of the field. Hicks better get ready because he will get picked on by every team the rest of the year. After watching that ND game last night I feel pretty good.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Hicks got the two flags for face guarding but I don't think he gave up a reception all night either.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Hicks got the two flags for face guarding but I don't think he gave up a reception all night either.

Those flags were pretty damn bad. I agree though, he was in good position all night. Just has to be more aware of the ball in the air.

As a team I really don't think we played that bad. We weren't missing tackles or dropping passes. Just all the dumb penalties are what kept us from blowing it open. Very frustrating game for sure.

The dumb penalties seemed to come out of frustration which I think, in large part, stemmed from an inability to get things done like they expected to - because they weren't playing well. I think they looked pretty awful. many of the problems are fixable and maybe they'll play tighter against ND but if they continue to play the way they did Friday night, they're gonna lose games they shouldn't. If O'Connor telegraphs his throws like he did, that TD to Fowler probably gets broken up or picked against at least 2 or 3 teams we will face this season.

Last edited:
Just read that Ron Burton had a "procedure" done Friday and missed the game. Maybe that had a little to do the the D Line being a little flat?

Just read that Ron Burton had a "procedure" done Friday and missed the game. Maybe that had a little to do the the D Line being a little flat?

a little bit, changes things up, Mark Snyder was a former DC and filled in but it can't help. Snyder wasn't watching the same film that Burton was all week and working on the same things so he was scrambling a bit.

Back