Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU vs Furman

Spartan23MSU

What can you really say about this game? There is currently no line from what I know. You just hope to get up early, take Oconnor out and get other players snaps. I hate to look forward to Notre Dame but I couldnt even find Furmans schedule on ESPN. Go Green!

I think it's 41.5. We'll play a ton of guys, looking forward to watching TOC and the new receivers work together, also want to the DL newcomers. Good to see ASU play Tennessee tough last night. MSU generally doesn't overlook teams but it can serve as a reminder for them.

This sets up really well for us to play ND tough in 2 weeks. Coming out of camp you make the biggest improvement between games 1 and 2. We'll get an extra week to prep for ND and should be really ready to play well after having a glorified scrimmage and being rested.

No injuries please.

Look for LJ to light it up, and O'Connor will have an efficient day. Cooper will record at least 1.5 sacks.

Most talented team CMD has had, let's see if we can put it together.

MSU 45 Furman 10

Last edited:
I agree about the Tennessee/App State lesson, it's always in the back of my mind that a team will overlook the little guy. I say a 42-7 win.

You do realize we had Alabama scheduled here until they bailed out.

yes...but they bailed out 3 years ago. MSU should have been able to find a FBS school to take their place. I'm sure they could have paid a MAC team to come in for the opener.

yes...but they bailed out 3 years ago. MSU should have been able to find a FBS school to take their place. I'm sure they could have paid a MAC team to come in for the opener.

Who gives a shit? We beat up on Furman or Eastern.....why does it matter.

Fact is we had the best team in college football scheduled and they pussied out of it. Why get your panties in a bunch about which doormat we put in Bama's place?

Who gives a shit? We beat up on Furman or Eastern.....why does it matter.

Fact is we had the best team in college football scheduled and they pussied out of it. Why get your panties in a bunch about which doormat we put in Bama's place?

Could have played a team like Toledo. They were 10-2 and a bowl winner last year.

I just think it looks bad when any big time program plays an FCS school...that includes UM, OSU, SEC teams, etc.

Could have played a team like Toledo. They were 10-2 and a bowl winner last year.

I just think it looks bad when any big time program plays an FCS school...that includes UM, OSU, SEC teams, etc.

You're right, a 3 win Hawaii team, a 4 win Colorado and an 0-12 UCF team look much better.

7-29 non conference schedule. Way to shoot for the stars!!!

LJ Scott starting. Clemens starting over McGowan at RG, good news as McGowan is really good and Clemens had to be great to beat him out.

I don't like the run/pass ratio. We need to see if Tyler can makes some throws before the ND game. Hope to see them throw more than 2 times in the 2nd qtr.

Back