Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2011 Game predictions

staegrac

vs. Younstown St. W
vs Florida Atlantic W
@ Notre Dame W
vs Central Michigan W
@ Ohio St. L
vs Michigan W
vs Wisconsin L
@ Nebraska L
vs Minnesota W
@ Iowa L
vs Indiana W
@ Northwestern W

I could see the wisconsin game go either way and be close and also I think we could pull one of in columbus but dunno so I think an 8 and 4 season would be very good with our schedule but could be as good as 10 and 2

Kinda weird to see Northwestern as the last game of the season

Beez said:
W
W
L
W
L
L
L
L
W
L
W
W

there is no way msu only has 6 wins. Way too much talent and too good of a coach.

Beez said:
W
W
L
W
L
L
L
L
W
L
W
W

I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you dont know much about state with your predictions...I am sorry but michigan will get beat in EL

So you're saying its unfathomable to think that MSU could lose to Michigan and ND?

The one thing I've learned as long as I have watched football, MSU has had a hard time having good back to back seasons.

I'm not saying that cant win 8 games but honestly if I had to bet money I'd say they'll split ND/Mich nad its a toss up for the Iowa game..7-8 wins would be my realistic prediction but I'll go on a limb n say they blow another game to end up 6-6. I dont think thats the craziest thing someone could predict.

Beez said:
So you're saying its unfathomable to think that MSU could lose to Michigan and ND?

I dont think it is unfathomable but very unlikely, state's defence will stronger especially the secondary and the offense with EB and KC will have no problem scoring...I will be the first to eat crow and congradulate over on the UM board IF they do happen to pull it off

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]The one thing I've learned as long as I have watched football, MSU has had a hard time having good back to back seasons.

that's pretty much it. people tend to assume their team improves every year, especially spartan fans.

If you look at how BAD they sucked in their losses, you'd know they were really overachieving at 10 wins. I think they get 7, 8 tops in 2011.

MichChamp02 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]The one thing I've learned as long as I have watched football, MSU has had a hard time having good back to back seasons.

that's pretty much it. people tend to assume their team improves every year, especially spartan fans.

If you look at how BAD they sucked in their losses, you'd know they were really overachieving at 10 wins. I think they get 7, 8 tops in 2011.

Ok 2 losses last year...iowa I will give you we sucked and could do nothing...the loss to alabama? that match up should never have been made they would have beaten either team playing in the NC game...state actually had some very good drives against them, and yes I give you that we didnt show up in that game either

To be completely honest Michigan was the overacheiver...we played with tons of heart and won some games that I thought we were going to lose is ND, NW, and Purdue...to a certain degree we did have some overachieving going on last year, but I believe we had a very good team.

In the UM fan's eyes, if msu doesnt have a second half meltdown then they believe that we are overachievers. Sorry but those meltdowns are a thing of the past.

Should have lost to NW as well. I'll give credit to State for coming back, but a good team would have never have gotten handled by NW like they did. I just dont believe in MSU.. I thought they were one of the worst top 10 teams I had seen in some rtime. Same with LSU..but at least LSU had a stellar defense.

I agree about being the worst top ten we just could not compete with any other top ten team other thatn maybe TCU or BSU...but the NW comeback...isnt that what good teams do when they are down find their weaknesses and improve on them? See Alabama and Aurburn game

staegrac said:
MichChamp02 said:

Ok 2 losses last year...iowa I will give you we sucked and could do nothing...the loss to alabama? that match up should never have been made they would have beaten either team playing in the NC game......

Funny, I could have sworn Alabama played one of those teams and that's not how it turned out.

But good job having some very good drives against them. I'm sure you gave Michigan credit for having good drives against their opponents last year. ;)

DR said:
staegrac said:
Ok 2 losses last year...iowa I will give you we sucked and could do nothing...the loss to alabama? that match up should never have been made they would have beaten either team playing in the NC game......

Funny, I could have sworn Alabama played one of those teams and that's not how it turned out.

Yea I know AL got beat as they should have won but still think AL was a better team than either AUB and UofO but oh well...I am not going to make excusses we got man handle by AL

I didnt watch the mich game so I dont have any comments I only seen the final score

staegrac said:
Ok 2 losses last year...iowa I will give you we sucked and could do nothing...the loss to alabama? that match up should never have been made they would have beaten either team playing in the NC game...state actually had some very good drives against them, and yes I give you that we didnt show up in that game either

To be completely honest Michigan was the overacheiver...we played with tons of heart and won some games that I thought we were going to lose is ND, NW, and Purdue...to a certain degree we did have some overachieving going on last year, but I believe we had a very good team.

In the UM fan's eyes, if msu doesnt have a second half meltdown then they believe that we are overachievers. Sorry but those meltdowns are a thing of the past.

we didn't overachieve last year, we sucked.

MSU had a very good team last year, but they could have easily had another loss or two, with a couple close wins in there. and it wasn't like their losses were close and could've gone either way. and you missed ohio state.

I think Dantonio has improved the team to a level they haven't been at consistently in a long time, but they're still not a talented and disciplined enough to play with the best teams in the game. To me 10-2 represents the ceiling under him.

I think Mark has done a great job.. I do not particularly like how he handles off the field problems But I guess that is his business. Being a Michigan fan he has had his way with us the last three years but MSU fans are crazy to think some of those wins last year were just not flat out strange. They may go 9-3 this year and have a better team if that is possible.. If they get both lines solved it will be a really big year for MSU but as Iowa showed if you can put pressure on Cousins he is prone to mistakes. Going to be a interesting season in the Big Ten..

seems like a easy home schedule just have UofM and Wisconsin are the only compitition at home.

W
W
L
W
L
L
L
L
W
L
W
W