Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2011 Game predictions

jh1spartanfan said:
bavarianinnman said:
vs. Younstown St. W
vs Florida Atlantic W
@ Notre Dame W
vs Central Michigan W
@ Ohio St. W
vs Michigan L Classic case of Let down game after a good win
vs Wisconsin L
@ Nebraska L
vs Minnesota W
@ Iowa L
vs Indiana W
@ Northwestern W
Not going to let down vs. UM, plus they have a bye week, so the emotions will have time to cool off.

What do Leyland's saggy balls know anyway? They're nuts.

To the UM fans, I really cannot see where you are just giving UM the nod over MSU? We beat you 3 years in a row 2 of the 3 were pretty decisive...And the coming of Hoke is the piece of the puzzle that you need to beat us? Its not like you still have Carr as a coach, imo I thought he was a good coach...

staegrac said:
To the UM fans, I really cannot see where you are just giving UM the nod over MSU? We beat you 3 years in a row 2 of the 3 were pretty decisive...And the coming of Hoke is the piece of the puzzle that you need to beat us? Its not like you still have Carr as a coach, imo I thought he was a good coach...

I'm predicting a win..like i said in my heart of hearts I know Michigan will lose a couple more but this is my prediction. I think UM gets MSU this year. Not because we're superior...just because.

vs. Younstown St. W
vs Florida Atlantic W
@ Notre Dame W
vs Central Michigan W
@ Ohio St. W
vs Michigan W
vs Wisconsin W
@ Nebraska L
vs Minnesota W
@ Iowa L
vs Indiana W
@ Northwestern W

Start off strong as usual, then get blown out by Nebraska, another loss to Iowa, and finally struggle but some how win the last 2

JScottWriter said:
vs. Younstown St. W
vs Florida Atlantic W
@ Notre Dame W
vs Central Michigan W
@ Ohio St. W
vs Michigan W
vs Wisconsin W
@ Nebraska L
vs Minnesota W
@ Iowa L
vs Indiana W
@ Northwestern W

Start off strong as usual, then get blown out by Nebraska, another loss to Iowa, and finally struggle but some how win the last 2

I really hope you are correct but I went with a safe 8-4 prediction I see some games going either way

I hope I am right also, I never expected them to play that well last year. I can see some going either way like ND, UM, OSU, Wisc, heck I could see us blowing the Northwestern game. I also think we could get by Nebraska and Iowa. I just think with the OSU players suspended, Michigan in a new system, out playing Wisc last year and usually playing well against ND in south bend we have a good chance to go 10-2. With the returning players and recruiting I think they can keep last years pace. The ND game worries me the most out of those 4 for some reason.

JScottWriter said:
I hope I am right also, I never expected them to play that well last year. I can see some going either way like ND, UM, OSU, Wisc, heck I could see us blowing the Northwestern game. I also think we could get by Nebraska and Iowa. I just think with the OSU players suspended, Michigan in a new system, out playing Wisc last year and usually playing well against ND in south bend we have a good chance to go 10-2. With the returning players and recruiting I think they can keep last years pace. The ND game worries me the most out of those 4 for some reason.

IMO I think the NW will be tougher than the UM game...Dan Persa will be back and it is in Evanston they always play us good...but I think that MD is to good of a coach to let UM get to us that early the season and with an extra week to prepare. I am hoping it will be 2010 all over again

staegrac said:
JScottWriter said:

IMO I think the NW will be tougher than the UM game...Dan Persa will be back and it is in Evanston they always play us good...but I think that MD is to good of a coach to let UM get to us that early the season and with an extra week to prepare. I am hoping it will be 2010 all over again

2010 all over again minus the Bama game. I went to that game and cant believe I stayed through the whole thing.

JScottWriter said:
staegrac said:

2010 all over again minus the Bama game. I went to that game and cant believe I stayed through the whole thing.

Wow I feel sorry for ya...I couldnt watch the game entirely on TV...I went to the champs sports bowl a few years ago as a christmas gift from my wife and it was great. I may try and go to the Minnesota or the Indiana game but would really like to go to the Winny game but not enough time in where I work (just started a new position)

I am planning to go to the UM game and the Lions v 49ers the next day. Off topic but do you know how I could get tickets for the UM game or should I just ty Oct. 6th when they go on sale to the public?

Beez I really dont think you watch much MSU football. Sure, they win some by sheer luck, but they are still a much better team than Michigan. Hoke is going to get fired just like RR in three years.

JScottWriter said:
I am planning to go to the UM game and the Lions v 49ers the next day. Off topic but do you know how I could get tickets for the UM game or should I just ty Oct. 6th when they go on sale to the public?

try that or stubhub

suh said:
Beez I really dont think you watch much MSU football. Sure, they win some by sheer luck, but they are still a much better team than Michigan. Hoke is going to get fired just like RR in three years.

I actually do watch quite a bit of MSU for a non MSU fan. Like I said before for the MSU fans that have a tough time with reading comprehension...I dont think Michigan is a better team. He asked for predictions and I gave him one. Does the better team win every game in college football these days? Maybe we shouldn't even watch, we'll just go by whos ranked higher.

vs. Younstown St. W
vs Florida Atlantic W
@ Notre Dame W
vs Central Michigan W
@ Ohio St. W
vs Michigan W
vs Wisconsin W
@ Nebraska L
vs Minnesota W
@ Iowa L
vs Indiana W
@ Northwestern W

This team is better than last year, but it will be tough to reproduce the results.

You. St.- W
FAU- W
@ ND - L
CMU- W
@ OSU- W
U-M- W
Wis- L
@ Neb- L
Minn- W
@ Iowa- W
Ind- W
@ NW- W

vs. Younstown St. W
vs Florida Atlantic W
@ Notre Dame L
vs Central Michigan W
@ Ohio St. W
vs Michigan W
vs Wisconsin L
@ Nebraska L
vs Minnesota W
@ Iowa L
vs Indiana W
@ Northwestern W

staegrac said:
vs. Younstown St. W
vs Florida Atlantic W
@ Notre Dame W
vs Central Michigan W
@ Ohio St. L
vs Michigan W
vs Wisconsin L
@ Nebraska L
vs Minnesota W
@ Iowa L
vs Indiana W
@ Northwestern W

I could see the wisconsin game go either way and be close and also I think we could pull one of in columbus but dunno so I think an 8 and 4 season would be very good with our schedule but could be as good as 10 and 2

Kinda weird to see Northwestern as the last game of the season

Youngstown - Win, used to be good, now they suck.
Florida Atlantic - Win, they have a good RB, not much else. Snellenburger's last year, team will be motivated.
@ND - Loss, I think they will be very good this year. Playing in SB has been good for us the last decade, hopefully it will continue.
CMU - Win, Enos lost a lot of close games last year, not good enough to beat his old team.
@OSU - Loss, OSU has our number ( except 99 ) even with their losses they still have a lot of talent.
UM - Win, we win again, but will be closer than some think.
Wisky - Win, I'm 50/50 on this one. With Wilson they just filled their only weakness. It helps being home.
Nebraska - Loss, another 50/50 for me. I think they are overated, but they will have a good D at it's an away game. I see them getting to Cousins.
Minny - Win, c'mon on.
@Iowa - Win, it will be hard to win at Iowa city and a lot of this depends on how well Vandenberg develops for them.
Indiana - Win, it's Indiana, new coach, more problems.
@Nwestern - Win, scary game, they always play us tough, Persa is real good.

greenandwhite95 said:
staegrac said:
vs. Younstown St. W
vs Florida Atlantic W
@ Notre Dame W
vs Central Michigan W
@ Ohio St. L
vs Michigan W
vs Wisconsin L
@ Nebraska L
vs Minnesota W
@ Iowa L
vs Indiana W
@ Northwestern W

I could see the wisconsin game go either way and be close and also I think we could pull one of in columbus but dunno so I think an 8 and 4 season would be very good with our schedule but could be as good as 10 and 2

Kinda weird to see Northwestern as the last game of the season

Youngstown - Win, used to be good, now they suck.
Florida Atlantic - Win, they have a good RB, not much else. Snellenburger's last year, team will be motivated.
@ND - Loss, I think they will be very good this year. Playing in SB has been good for us the last decade, hopefully it will continue.
CMU - Win, Enos lost a lot of close games last year, not good enough to beat his old team.
@OSU - Loss, OSU has our number ( except 99 ) even with their losses they still have a lot of talent.
UM - Win, we win again, but will be closer than some think.
Wisky - Win, I'm 50/50 on this one. With Wilson they just filled their only weakness. It helps being home.
Nebraska - Loss, another 50/50 for me. I think they are overated, but they will have a good D at it's an away game. I see them getting to Cousins.
Minny - Win, c'mon on.
@Iowa - Win, it will be hard to win at Iowa city and a lot of this depends on how well Vandenberg develops for them.
Indiana - Win, it's Indiana, new coach, more problems.
@Nwestern - Win, scary game, they always play us tough, Persa is real good.

I would love a win in Iowa City last time I think was in 2007 MD first year and that went into OT, other than last year recent games with them have been very close and down to the wire...If we win there that might possibly be the our biggest win of the year

vs. Younstown St. W easy
vs Florida Atlantic W another easy one
@ Notre Dame W tougher but I dont think they will be as good as us
vs Central Michigan W another easy game
@ Ohio St. W to many distractions for them plus the remaining members of the tat 5 are out
vs Michigan W they are not on our level yet they are getting better but they are not there yet
vs Wisconsin W I think they will be worse than last year and we will be better
@ Nebraska L tough environment and they are a good team
vs Minnesota W easy
@ Iowa W I dont think Iowa will be what most people think they will be
vs Indiana W easy
@ Northwestern W/L If Persa is playing well then this will be a very hard game, but if Persa doesnt come back strong it will be a win.

Back