Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2011 Game predictions

staegrac said:
greenandwhite95 said:
Youngstown - Win, used to be good, now they suck.
Florida Atlantic - Win, they have a good RB, not much else. Snellenburger's last year, team will be motivated.
@ND - Loss, I think they will be very good this year. Playing in SB has been good for us the last decade, hopefully it will continue.
CMU - Win, Enos lost a lot of close games last year, not good enough to beat his old team.
@OSU - Loss, OSU has our number ( except 99 ) even with their losses they still have a lot of talent.
UM - Win, we win again, but will be closer than some think.
Wisky - Win, I'm 50/50 on this one. With Wilson they just filled their only weakness. It helps being home.
Nebraska - Loss, another 50/50 for me. I think they are overated, but they will have a good D at it's an away game. I see them getting to Cousins.
Minny - Win, c'mon on.
@Iowa - Win, it will be hard to win at Iowa city and a lot of this depends on how well Vandenberg develops for them.
Indiana - Win, it's Indiana, new coach, more problems.
@Nwestern - Win, scary game, they always play us tough, Persa is real good.

I would love a win in Iowa City last time I think was in 2007 MD first year and that went into OT, other than last year recent games with them have been very close and down to the wire...If we win there that might possibly be the our biggest win of the year

Me too. Hopefully Vandenberg plays like he did in limited action last year. He is a big guy with a strong arm but not very accurate. Does anyone know if they got in any trouble over that incident this winter where all those players got sick ? I can't recall if they were doping or training was mismanaged.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Did you just pick them to be 11-1? Wow.
Yes sir I did thats the way I see it as long as everyone stays healthy then why not?

msu2011 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Did you just pick them to be 11-1? Wow.
Yes sir I did thats the way I see it as long as everyone stays healthy then why not?

because they're not that good of a team.

MichChamp02 said:
msu2011 said:

Why not? What makes this team so much different from last year?

msu2011 said:
MichChamp02 said:

read my posts on the first page of the the thread. If you understand my position, I'm saying not all 10-2 teams are equal.

MSU probably would have been 9-3 if they had played ohio, and more likely than not, 8-4 if they had to play @ Wisconsin. Not trying to take away anything from their achievement, just saying they were luckier than good last year.

YOU see them as building on a 10-2 finish; I see them as a team that should have been 8-4, lost some talent, and will probably be around 7-5/8-4 this season.

MichChamp02 said:
msu2011 said:

read my posts on the first page of the the thread. If you understand my position, I'm saying not all 10-2 teams are equal.

MSU probably would have been 9-3 if they had played ohio, and more likely than not, 8-4 if they had to play @ Wisconsin. Not trying to take away anything from their achievement, just saying they were luckier than good last year.

YOU see them as building on a 10-2 finish; I see them as a team that should have been 8-4, lost some talent, and will probably be around 7-5/8-4 this season.

I agree that not all 10-2 teams are equal...Where was the luck last year? The way I see it MD called a good play against ND and it paid off, did close to the same thing against NW and they couldnt stop it...Played bad against PU but at the end it was KC's leadership that brought the win, the only luck I see from last years season was that Alabama didnt beat us by more.

The reason we were 11-2 last was because we made good decisions in contrast to the year before with the prevent D, and players really stepped up in critical situations

Back