Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Congratulations Keith Nichol

johnny2x2x

Keith was a highly recruited QB coming out of Lowell HS here in West Michigan. He was good enough to compete for a starting job with Sam Bradford at Oklahoma, and then he came to MSU with dreams of still playing QB. He got beat out by Cousins and that had to be tough. Sure we all knew at that point that Nichol was never going to be an NFL QB, but like any other kid he probably still dreamed of playing on Sunday. By wholeheartedly accepting the change to receiver he knew he was saying goodbye to that dream in order to best help his team. He's worked hard and has been a valuable leader and has made some plays. Now he is rewarded with being a player who will be remembered for decades as the guy who made the catch to win the biggest game of the year on National TV against the invincible Badgers.

Way to go Keith, your sacrifice and leadership is what Team is all about. Congratulations on the catch, the win and having a great career! Also congratulations on never having to pay for a beer in mid Michigan for the rest of your life.

I thought LSU-Bama would be considered the "Biggest Game of the Year". Also, if the Spartans win the division wouldn't the Big Ten title game be the biggest game of the year for them? Just sayin'...

rayhowland3 said:
I thought LSU-Bama would be considered the "Biggest Game of the Year". Also, if the Spartans win the division wouldn't the Big Ten title game be the biggest game of the year for them? Just sayin'...

Biggest game of the year for MSU til that point (this is in the MSU section). You Michigan fans are dumb as bricks. Glad to see you learned a ton at community college.

I think U of M fans are starting to develop a complex. 4 in a row will do that I guess.

Back