Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Rolling Stones 40 greatest tv villains

Came here to leave a snarky comment about leaving Boyd Crowder (Justified) off the list...but they had him pretty high.

I had to freaking wait for the last 10 to load lol..

The Jessica Jones villain (#40 on the list) is a pretty great villain.

I only know a few of these characters...when I read the title of the list, the character that jumped to my mind right away was "The One Armed Man" from The Fugitive...

Last edited:
At first I thought is was a list of people that hated the Rolling Stones. It took me to post 5 that realized what this thread was really about.

Last edited:
At first I thought there was way too much recency bias (for example, Wilson Fisk) but really, TV bad guys weren't as good until streaming allowed more movie-like narratives.

Isn't Dim Sum the underworld boss who is the menace of the 5-0 unit on both the old show and the new show? I wonder why he isn't on the list.

Also I am pretty sure Lex Luther has been a character on any number of the various television series based on Superman. They have a Cat Woman but not Lex Luther?

I would've put Eddie Haskell on the list too.

The mother on Bewitched was always causing Durwood agida with all the spells she put on him and shit.

There are a bunch of better villains and some of the ones on this list.

I have seen very few of those shows (9), but it seems like RS misses the mark with a couple of them.

in the Prisoner, the villain was more or less "society" not just #2, who represented a part of it.

and Gus Fring in Breaking Bad? Wasn't Walter White the ultimate villain in the show (despite being the protagonist)?

List should be "greatest TV antagonists" not "villains."

like in Seinfeld... George was arguably more evil than Newman. It's just that Newman was the one always opposing to Jerry's plans.

I have seen very few of those shows (9), but it seems like RS misses the mark with a couple of them.

in the Prisoner, the villain was more or less "society" not just #2, who represented a part of it.

and Gus Fring in Breaking Bad? Wasn't Walter White the ultimate villain in the show (despite being the protagonist)?

like in Seinfeld... George was arguably more evil than Newman. It's just that Newman was the one always opposing to Jerry's plans.

Good point. Walter White should be on this list.

And the last episode of Seinfeld would support your argument, with Newman grinning (and was he eating popcorn) as the main 4 characters are sentenced to a year in jail.

Well, the introduction specifically defined "villain" as "antagonist" and disclaimed Walter White for that very reason, along with Tony Soprano and a couple of others.

George was usually a co-protagonist in Seinfeld, if not actually the primary subject of many episodes.

Back