Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Pistons 99 Thunder 98 Final

I kind of wish Seattle would step up and get their own team again. The Thunder don't need or want the historic Supersonics records. It also clearly screws with these all-time stats.

The "real" All-Time head to head:

Detroit leads (won?) regular season over Seattle 61-55
Seattle leads (won?) playoffs over Detroit 2-1

Thunder leads regular season over Detroit 13-4

I don't consider sports teams as some right of the fans or cities. They lost the team because an owner did what owners do. I actually give Seattle props for not cow towing to ridiculous demands.

Oh I agree .. but they still deserve a team. I thought they had pretty decent hoop fans .

Last edited:
Oh I agree .. but they still deserve a team. I thought they had pretty decent hoop fans .

Oh, I think that's what I was getting at. Both Seattle fans AND OKC fans, I think, would prefer Seattle got a new team. Thunder fans don't know or care about the Sonics records; their own team has already had enough success, heartache, and drama to feel like it's been around forever. Sonics fans definitely don't want the Thunder back and be constantly reminded of the decade where Bennet stole the team.

Westbrook misses game winner at buzzer . He had time to drive but pulled up for a three pointer . Pistons were down 10 at half, and as many as 15 at one time .

Last edited:
Back