Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Off topic > Diggler's Junk > Politics

Old 12-06-2017, 06:59 PM   #101

you go to more than one christmas party? i only go to the mandatory one for my office. It's always awful, and I try to leave asap.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 12-07-2017, 07:19 AM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartanmack View Post

I like how a bill that allows all Americans to keep more of their own money is called a wealth transfer. you guys can be so creative in your spin.
Income taxes are redistributed to each state unequally, and historically more to red tax-recipient states. and less to purple and blue donor states, this despite the funds being backed by nothing but red debt vapor.

Unlike many, if not most conservatives, it never bothered me that a portion of my state and federal taxes paid over the past 40+ years was for government programs supporting the poor, disabled, and elderly in Murka, not to mention my FICA contributions paying for those on SS, SSD, Medicare, and Medicaid. I did however, resent the size of the portion spent on the MIC and defense, and believe that the annual budget has been/is too much by at least twice what it should have been and is. I would much rather the excess had been/is being spent on the arts, sciences, education, and infrastructure.

The permanent corporate tax-cuts won't result in creating jobs and/or raising wages and salaries of those who they employ, other than upper management. Only consumer/business demand does so. More likely it will be increasingly spent on AI, robotics, and automation. which are job/career killers, not creators.

Over the past 35 years, many states have resorted to "stealing" each others businesses by offering incentives and abatements, such as here in MI, when Hollywood filmmakers took advantage of incentives to make movies here for several years, until they ended recently. But as vividly demonstrated in Brownback's Kansas, deep state tax-cuts in undesireable rural locations can epic fail.

Last edited by turok; 12-07-2017 at 07:43 AM.
Old 12-07-2017, 02:49 PM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by michchamp View Post
you go to more than one christmas party? i only go to the mandatory one for my office. It's always awful, and I try to leave asap.
you can't leave if you don't go.
Old 12-07-2017, 06:21 PM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartanmack View Post
you can't leave if you don't go.
As my wife has moved up her professional ladder it becomes more and more expected of not only her to make an appearance but myself as well. Being arm candy is not as fun as it sounds.