Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2017 NFC Playoff Thread

NFC games are all done this week. AFC for SNF and MNF.

Not a whole lot next week...

Rams @ Seahawks
maybe Green Bay @ Carolina

Falcons lose 2 of 3. At saints and panthers most likely
Seahawks lose once
Lions win out

Carolina could still lose twice too. Packers and falcons game
Seahawks lose once

No matter what happens......Lions have to win 4 in a row.

I'll be there Saturday.....hoping for W #2!

But it's still very unlikely they make it. I think Aaron Rodgers is going to be back soon.....so even if for some unbelievable reason we have a chance week 17.....he's going to bend us over!

No matter what happens......Lions have to win 4 in a row.

I'll be there Saturday.....hoping for W #2!

But it's still very unlikely they make it. I think Aaron Rodgers is going to be back soon.....so even if for some unbelievable reason we have a chance week 17.....he's going to bend us over!

We'll need Carolina or the Vikings to knock him out again in the next 2 weeks. He'll be playing again next week.

13 simple steps, lol. That's awesome. I'd kind of like to see that.

That outcome has the Lions, Saints, and Falcons all finishing @ 10-6, so how would they earn the #1 seed b/c head to head?

Multi-way tiebreak quirks. Head to head usually doesn?t matter unless one team swept the others.

Well if we are going to end up 10-6 I want them in the playoffs. Lions will screw up any draft pick anyway .. might as well be in the playoffs .. which I doubt will happen.

Why? If we don't win in the playoffs it's just an excuse to praise the staff and organization. "Way to finish.. this will give us momentum for next year." It'll be the same old tired praise and excuses.

I don't see GB or TB winning. The Rams and Seattle should be close. Seattle is a bitch at home though.

Seattle may be without a few of their players on defense. Richardson, Jefferson and Bennett all got into some ugly shit at the end of that game

Seattle still plays at Dallas with Elliot. They could lose that game too

However, we only want Seattle to lose one game not two or three due to tiebreaker possibly needed with Carolina.

Atlanta/Sea/Det all at 10 wins with Carolina at 11. Detroit would be out

However, Det/Sea/Car at 10 wins, Detroit would be in

Det/Sea (2-1)/Car (1-2)/Atl (2-1) all at 10 wins not sure based on division tiebreaker for Car/Atl

There are two spots for WC so as long as Atlanta won division tiebreaker, it would be Det/Sea/Car then Detroit would be in

Last edited:
how could the Lions have a tie breaker over Carolina at 10-6 when they beat us in head to head?

Last edited:
how could the Lions have a tie breaker over Carolina at 10-6 when they beat us in head to head?

In a 10-6 Carolina/Detroit/Seattle tie, the tiebreak goes to conference record:

Detroit would be 8-4
Seattle would be 8-4
Carolina would be 6-6

Carolina is eliminated

Remaining Detroit/Seattle tiebreak goes to common games, which is GB, NY Giants, Arizona, and Atlanta

Detroit would be 4-1
Seattle would be either 3-2 or 2-3 depending on the outcome of the Arizona game

Detroit wins

Seems odd to me conference record would win out over head to head

Head to Head is only if two teams are tied. Once it is 3+ it changes...gets even more odd if two of the 3+ tied teams are in the same division.

Last edited:
Back