Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2 horses die at Preakness

I could see him saying "But they chose to drink water."

it wasnt that blatant but something along the lines of blaming the people who live there for the state their city is in. he wasn't really concerned with their plight. black kids suffering lead poisoning & all its debilitating effects? meh. they shouldve known better.

but two race horses dying? the horror.

My dad has a horse that is 27 years old.

Has that horse ever had a rider?

I would go out on a limb and guess that non-thoroughbreds being ridden by John Q. Publics s not on a racetrack sometimes take a tumble and get injured and are euthanized also.

Did those horses ask to to be mounted and ridden (I use "ask" instead of "choose" because they definitely chose to - if they had chosen not to, they would have bucked the fucker off and stomped the fucker to death)?

Should all horse riding go away because there's an occasional accident and a horse dies?

Has that horse ever had a rider?

I would go out on a limb and guess that non-thoroughbreds being ridden by John Q. Publics s not on a racetrack sometimes take a tumble and get injured and are euthanized also.

Did those horses ask to to be mounted and ridden (I use "ask" instead of "choose" because they definitely chose to - if they had chosen not to, they would have bucked the fucker off and stomped the fucker to death)?

Should all horse riding go away because there's an occasional accident and a horse dies?

Good points, but I do think some light work is good for some horses. They're like those people that die within a year after retiring; if they like their people and their jobs.

Maybe it's not the work they like though. It could be the anxiety when the rest of their herd goes out for a ride and they're left behind because they are retired. Dunno.

Good points, but I do think some light work is good for some horses. They're like those people that die within a year after retiring; if they like their people and their jobs.

Maybe it's not the work they like though. It could be the anxiety when the rest of their herd goes out for a ride and they're left behind because they are retired. Dunno.

Some work is good for all horses, like it is for dogs.

Horses race each other in the wild.

In addition to the genetics, champion race horses have competitive personalities.

They want to race, and they want to win.

it wasnt that blatant but something along the lines of blaming the people who live there for the state their city is in. he wasn't really concerned with their plight. black kids suffering lead poisoning & all its debilitating effects? meh. they shouldve known better.

but two race horses dying? the horror.

only black kids drank the water? what did the poor white kids drink?

Back