Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

NFL Scoreboard Week 2

turok

1-1 Vikes lose @ Steelers 26-9, unsurprisingly, 0-2 Bears lose @ Bucs 29-7 Glennon tossing 2 ints and a TD late in garbage-time....the Bears fans chants for Trubiski should be loud in their next home game vs Steelers.

Packers trailing 24-7 @ halftime vs @ Falcons, if they lose, then the Lions will have a chance to take first all alone in the NFCN with a win @ Giants tomorrow night. Unsportsmanlike conduct by Packers HC McCarthy=15 yd penalty enforced @ the start of the 2nd half..lolz.

Rogers gets tackled while about to pass, play stands..loose ball fumble-returned for a TD...31-7.

The Falcons nearly replicated their SB loss earlier this year, by pulling a disappearing act during much of the second half, 34-23 final.

Cowboys got curbstomped by the Broncos 42-17, both Dak and Zeke got zapped...2 ints 2 sacks, 2tds 228 yds, and 9 carries for 8 yds rushing one of which was for 5 yds...lolz.

Last edited:
ESPN "rewards" the undefeated Lions for decisively beating the Giants on the road, by dropping them 2 spots out of their top 10, to #12. while their perennial faves, being the 1-1 Packers, who lost @ Falcons, remains in the top 10 @ #6, and the 1-1 Cowboys, who lost @ Broncos @ #8...lolz. Had the Lions lost by the same score on MNF, then they almost certainly would have slid further down to where the 0-2 Giants are @ #19. The Lions ranking #12 is also indicated with a green upward trending ^ arrow, as if dropping two spots is somehow rising 2 spots.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/pag...city-chiefs-pittsburgh-steelers-top-our-board

Forgot to add that the Ravens rose 4 spots from #14 to #10 by virtue of defeating the perpetually rebuilding Browns @ home 24-10 (that score looks very familiar), after SHO the moribund Bungles in week 1, so they are 2 for 0hi0 ...very impressive.

Last edited:
Defense I thought shined in this game, which I think most people would agree.

Ansah was a beast, started to command a double team, but Giants adjusted too late, damage was done.

Davis i thought looked very good. Even showed he learns. On the sack it looked like he was close to picking up and slamming eli, but then he remembered that's probably a penalty, and didn't complete the slam. Close to a late hit out of bonds, he seems to play right on the edge of crazy, I like that. As long as he continues to show restraint.

Slay stood out as well. A number of key breakups, close coverage most the game, and did a good job of not letting defenders get behind him.

Offense I thought was okay overall. No real long drives, benefited from short fields, which is great, but don't remember any drive more than 50 yards off hand.

Obviously we have LT issues. But we had the better performance between the two teams at least! May need to find ways to help until Decker gets back. Teams will see Robinson can't handle a bull rush and just keep exploiting it.

Running game I feel will look better stat wise than they were. Put up yards late, which is important, but doesn't show the struggle they still had through 3 quarters.

Passing game was efficient on short/medium passes. Ebron looked good, no drops (That I recall). Stafford seemed to show good mobility and good decision making. We still don't have the deep threat fear. We need to start completing some of these deep balls.

Falcons will be a test for the defense.

ESPN "rewards" the undefeated Lions for decisively beating the Giants on the road, by dropping them 2 spots out of their top 10, to #12. while their perennial faves, being the 1-1 Packers, who lost @ Falcons, remains in the top 10 @ #6, and the 1-1 Cowboys, who lost @ Broncos @ #8...lolz. Had the Lions lost by the same score on MNF, then they almost certainly would have slid further down to where the 0-2 Giants are @ #19. The Lions ranking #12 is also indicated with a green ^ arrow, as if dropping two spots is somehow rising 2 spots.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/pag...city-chiefs-pittsburgh-steelers-top-our-board

Who cares.
Can you confidently say the Lions would beat the Packers right now?

Like it or not when rating teams people are going to take historical team performance, fair or not.
It's two weeks into the season, If you want them ranked by record, just go to the standings page.

Robinson=Flowers, as far as protecting the QB and helping block for the run game. He may remain a weak oft-flagged link in the OL, who will need to be replaced...somehow.

Who cares.
Can you confidently say the Lions would beat the Packers right now?

Like it or not when rating teams people are going to take historical team performance, fair or not.
It's two weeks into the season, If you want them ranked by record, just go to the standings page.

I don't take ESPN's rankings seriously, just for entertainment purposes. The Lions won @ Lambeau in '15, so yeah, I can believe that they could win 1 of 2 matchups this season.

Many of the comments below ESPN's rankings were questioning the same thing. Based on their past seasonal rankings, there is blatant bias being displayed on a weekly basis.

Last edited:
Who cares?

A Lions fansite devoted an article to it.

Beat ya to it, PoD...aahaha!!

Both ESPN and CBS dropped the Lions in their power rankings this week, despite defeating a desperate Giants team on the road. Pro Football Focus ranks the Lions 18th in their PFFELO rankings (behind the Bills???). And then there’s FOX, who is covering the NFC showdown between the 2-0 Lions and Falcons this week. They’ve decided to go with their No. 4 broadcast team of Chris Myers and Daryl Johnston to cover the event.

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2017/9/20/16339606/what-they-get-wrong-about-the-detroit-lions

As did the Giants fansite BBV, who expanded it to link every power-ranking media site:

https://www.bigblueview.com/2017/9/...ings-2017-week-3-new-york-giants-keep-falling

Last edited:
I don't take ESPN's rankings seriously, just for entertainment purposes. The Lions won @ Lambeau in '15, so yeah, I can believe that they could win 1 of 2 matchups this season.

Many of the comments below ESPN's rankings were questioning the same thing. Based on their past seasonal rankings, there is blatant bias being displayed on a weekly basis.

where is the bias this week?

Back