Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

What's causing running game woes

What's causing running game woes

• Oc playcalling

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Oline

• Rbs suck

• Total voters
100% agree.

Pass rush problems is health of Ansah/Ngata/Hyder. But Robinson, Zettel, Washington, Ledbetter must do more now. And blitz at the right time.

Run game needs fixing. Need a real power back unless Abdullah has a monster final 6 games and playoffs

Coverage is good for most part considering the pass rush it's really good coverage without pass rush. Turnovers forced is a great. Passing game is very good with protection now that Oline is healthy and weapons healthy. ST great.

Run D was great but loss of Ngata and Ansah (last two) have been big. We'll see how they do once Ansah returns to set the edge. More JRM and less Worrilow. Davis and Whitehead need to play like they did earlier in this season.

Until this franchise starts showing signs of real success (i.e. playoff advancement), I don’t blame the fans for being skeptical and cynical, they should be.

Until this franchise starts showing signs of real success (i.e. playoff advancement), I don?t blame the fans for being skeptical and cynical, they should be.

Each roster is very different every year. This roster can advance in the playoffs and has a good chance to do so. It's probable that they do. Could things like massive injuries derail that, yes. Can ref mistakes derail that, yes. Can lack of execution derail that, yes. But the talent is there. The execution has been there for the most part this season too but injuries and refs are the big reasons for 3 of the 4 losses this year.

We'll see how they respond. Huge game tomorrow against a team the Lions already beat. So we know they are capable of winning with this roster. We'll see if Ansah can play. Missing Ngata and Hyder and Agnew hurts. Ansah will be important. The Vikings of course are very healthy other than Cook and Bradford. Maybe Remmers misses the game

It's a shame that a topic that had potential for some decent football conversation devolved into the usual bullshit.

Despite the drivel...Forward down the field fuckers! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Pass rush problems is health of Ansah/Ngata/Hyder. But Robinson, Zettel, Washington, Ledbetter must do more now. And blitz at the right time.

Those guys healthy does not fix the pass rush. Itd definitely help our run d though. Need an infusion of talent all along the dline

it's called chronic loser condition. haven't won a play off game in 26 years. Haven't won the Div in 24 years, with only three other teams in that Div most of those years, have never won a super bowl, one of only 4 teams to have never gone to a super bowl even. Only franchise to ever record an 0-16 season. on and on and on. Chronic losing. turns fans into chronic losers.

Lions Browns Superbowl 57!

Speak for yourself

What I find interesting about this fanbase...the cynical ones tend to be right more often than not, decade after decade.

What I find interesting about this fanbase...the cynical ones tend to be right more often than not, decade after decade.

Too many years of disappointment I don't even know how to be a glass half full type person anymore I've lost that ability. :-(

The lions aren't the only reason for that but they are a large portion of it

Last edited:
Funny thing too, people saying Keenum had the better day? Fine! He went up against the Lions D. Good for him lol. What a stud! Stafford went up against a ferocious D with absolutley no sight of a running game. That doesn't matter though!!! #9 needs to completely dominate and completely take over. Who gives a fuck that the Vikings know wtf we're doing 90% of the time?! We got Abdullah and Riddick who combined for like 30+ yards!!! Fucking studs!!! Lmao...

Funny thing too, people saying Keenum had the better day? Fine! He went up against the Lions D. Good for him lol. What a stud! Stafford went up against a ferocious D with absolutley no sight of a running game. That doesn't matter though!!! #9 needs to completely dominate and completely take over. Who gives a fuck that the Vikings know wtf we're doing 90% of the time?! We got Abdullah and Riddick who combined for like 30+ yards!!! Fucking studs!!! Lmao...

Aside from being off on some throws, he probably played better against Minnesota than ANY other qb has. Stafford can't do it all, and shouldn't have to. Need a rb this draft/off season. I don't trust AA as far as I could throw him. Give Tion Green his carries, see what he's got. It just wouldn't hurt a thing, and maybe, just maybe Tion is what we've been missing. In fact bury AA in the depth chart and give ZZ some carries too

Shit isn't Minnesota on thier second or 3rd running back too ? Didn't than rookie cook go down for them . Lol. Vikings have injures too. Heck even a cast off lions linemen Plays for them. im tired of hearing the same old excuses that Matt doesn't have the weapons . We are 0-4 at home verses winning teams and just can't get over the hump. It isn't same old shit every single year... I'm tired of the excuses . It's Matt's 9th year .. it's time to start delivering meaningful playoff wins .

Last edited:
Back