Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Scouting the Ravens D for JBc

boogerlovejoy

Their numbers are really good. Stafford and company better bring the A offense with them. Do we even HAVE an A offense???

1st Houston Drive- 9 plays 90 yards TD

Bullshit PI call aside. Ravens killed two slow developing runs......blew them both up. Houston got a good catch and run from Hopkins and a deep crossing route off of play action. TD run was wide open one back power play......the type of run I'd like to see much more of.

2nd Drive. Quick hitting run gains 15. No pulling or trapping....just a hat on a hat seems to negate their penetration. Ravens like to double A gap blitz on 3rd down. I like Tate in those situations. Couple of batted balls and Houston punts.

3rd Drive. 3 and out. Might wanna block Suggs. Houston tried a quick WR screen that wasn't very successful. Ravens get outside fast.

4th Drive. Good vertical pass with good protection. Quick hitting running play from the shotgun gains three. They tried a counter right that looked to get blown up but Lamar Miller made a good play and cut it back left to gain 6. Bad int by Savage.

5th Drive. Stretch run left....Ravens just too fuckin fast for that shit. Loss of 1. Ravens get their hands up and bat another ball down. Blown coverage big play pass it's a first down. Another run off tackle gets nothing. Draw....nothing. Ravens bring a lot of pressure on third down… almost every single time......but they don't seem to do a very good job of covering the underneath routes by tight ends and running backs. We can have success there as long as Stafford makes throws that will allow RAC yards. Houston gets a FG.

Last edited:
Their numbers are really good. Stafford and company better bring the A offense with them. Do we even HAVE an A offense???

1st Houston Drive- 9 plays 90 yards TD

Bullshit PI call aside. Ravens killed two slow developing runs......blew them both up. Houston got a good catch and run from Hopkins and a deep crossing route off of play action. TD run was wide open one back power play......the type of run I'd like to see much more of.

2nd Drive. Quick hitting run gains 15. No pulling or trapping....just a hat on a hat seems to negate their penetration. Ravens like to double A gap blitz on 3rd down. I like Tate in those situations. Couple of bad balls and Houston punts.

Are we bringing our A game at coaching?

Ravens where all over thier dink and dunk quick out, throw those plays out Sunday

Last edited:
Ravens passing game doesn't look very good to me, thier online isn't great but sure lions still won't be able to get any pressure on them though

Gonna be a tough game next week

Will need some good run D. Collins can play. Flacco is having a terrible year. Ravens pass D is pretty good but Stafford with time can beat them

Should be a close one though.

I expect a full blown battle of the FG kickers. i'll take our guy 15-12

Last edited:
Will need some good run D. Collins can play. Flacco is having a terrible year. Ravens pass D is pretty good but Stafford with time can beat them

Should be a close one though.

shows how much you know

shows how much you know

I know a lot more than you ever will. Stafford did have a good day 105 rating. Collins ran well. Flacco is having a terrible year. that is a fact, he got great protection because 3/4ths of the Lions Dline is hurt

lol....5-0 finish most probable. You know nothing!

Most probable is not guaranteed. More Lions got hurt. 9 out of 10 times Lions win out. We are seeing the 1 time they don't. 4-0 on the table still if Stafford healthy

Most probable is not guaranteed. More Lions got hurt. 9 out of 10 times Lions win out. We are seeing the 1 time they don't. 4-0 on the table still if Stafford healthy

I showed you last week that the actual probability was 1 in 10 that they win out. We saw that they lost the first and only game that they wouldn't be favored in (they had a 60% chance to lose that game)

I showed you last week that the actual probability was 1 in 10 that they win out. We saw that they lost the first and only game that they wouldn't be favored in (they had a 60% chance to lose that game)

No you didn't. Lions if healthy would have won and should have been favored. Idiots had them as underdogs

No you didn't. Lions if healthy would have won and should have been favored. Idiots had them as underdogs

So you are calling them idiots? Those same people that thought the Lions would lose...and the Lions did lose 44-20. Those people are the idiots...not the person that said the most probable outcome was a 5-0 finish.

In LKP world

a person who predicts a loss in a game that ended as a 44-20 loss is an idiot.

a person who predicts a 5-0 finish but they lose the first game of the 5 by 24 points is smart.

So you are calling them idiots? Those same people that thought the Lions would lose...and the Lions did lose 44-20. Those people are the idiots...not the person that said the most probable outcome was a 5-0 finish.

In LKP world

a person who predicts a loss in a game that ended as a 44-20 loss is an idiot.

a person who predicts a 5-0 finish but they lose the first game of the 5 by 24 points is smart.

Ravens got lucky on the injury front. Nothing more nothing less.

Back