Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Solid Signing !!!

Apparently, they do.

Let's see what happens next year.

Home = 15 GS 7-2 2.49 ERA

Away = 9 GS 2-4 4.44 ERA

He has 4.39 FIP for the year (4.66 FIP with DET). That is not too far off his 4.28 Career FIP. He has been very fortunate to get 2/3 of his starts at home.

Last edited:
Let's see what happens next year.

Home = 15 GS 7-2 2.49 ERA

Away = 9 GS 2-4 4.44 ERA

He has 4.39 FIP for the year (4.66 FIP with DET). That is not too far off his 4.28 Career FIP. He has been very fortunate to get 2/3 of his starts at home.

Jesus Christ man.....just man up and admit you were wrong. You were. It?s ok....it?s just a message board, don?t be so butt hurt.

Like him or not....Al Avila made a great move with Fiers. End of story. Nobody cares what he?ll do in 2019.

Jesus Christ man.....just man up and admit you were wrong. You were. It’s ok....it’s just a message board, don’t be so butt hurt.

Like him or not....Al Avila made a great move with Fiers. End of story. Nobody cares what he’ll do in 2019.

Do you even know what an outlier is?

As far as being butt hurt, it appears you are the one as with a few others. I do not search out all the threads/comments made in support of McCann, Greene, Alfredo Griffin, Anthony Gose, Mahtook, etc, etc, etc. Let's go find those threads and see the people who supported them. That would be a sign of butt hurt now wouldn't it.

As far as being wrong. I have admitted to it with Kinsler (and others), but I don't have to repeat every time someone throws it back in my face. I moved on as I will now as well.

We got one PTBNL already for Fiers. A career reliever who does not project that well. Whatever. You want to say it was a Avila win, good for you, but it is End Of Story just because you said so.

Last edited:
It must be really hard for you and I mean that whole heartily. It's okay to just enjoy baseball without an outlier.. I hope you do.

I'm completely neutral on this...but the back and forth baffles me

Did Fiers perform well for the 6m we signed him for? Yes. Was it the best season of his career so far? Yes. Can anyone truly expect this of him going forward? No. Did we get an awesome return for him? Doesn't look like it. What made the signing so awesome? If he was such a value why did we trade him for 1 guy who looks meh and another guy not yet named...? I don't think we can expect much from either guy we end up with but I hope I'm wrong.

Who gives a crap? He may pitch just as well next year but he may also get rocked. He's no longer our problem. It's not like teams were lining up for him which says a lot.

It must be really hard for you and I mean that whole heartily. It's okay to just enjoy baseball without an outlier.. I hope you do.

I enjoy baseball, I truly do. Anyone that personally knows me, know I do. I could say the earth is round and certain individuals are going to take the opposing view, regardless. Sad as it is, the banter isn't instigated by me.

I enjoy baseball, I truly do. Anyone that personally knows me, know I do. I could say the earth is round and certain individuals are going to take the opposing view, regardless. Sad as it is, the banter isn't instigated by me.

Fair enough. I'm glad you enjoy it.

Back