Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

*Official UM Hoops Thread*

Well, if you aren't calling Iowa a "gimmie," then no one is a gimmie. They suck.

Have you watched this team play at home in some games this year? Michigan has struggled in a lot of games against lesser opponents like this. I am concerned for sure that they might be looking ahead to OSU this weekend and could get popped.

Have you watched this team play at home in some games this year? Michigan has struggled in a lot of games against lesser opponents like this. I am concerned for sure that they might be looking ahead to OSU this weekend and could get popped.

Yep, they barely beat Maryland and MN.

This is not my point. We can't call ANY game a gimmie if Iowa's not.

If Iowa's not a gimmie, who are one of the crappier teams in the Power conferences, then no one is.

They are about as close to a team that you should truck at this point in the season. I know we don't use RPI much anymore, but they are currently 138th. And for context, there are teams like Dayton, St. Louis, Memphis, and UC Irvine in front of them. And I know we'd call those guys gimmies.

Last edited:

If Iowa's not a gimmie, who are one of the crappier teams in the Power conferences, then no one is.

They are about as close to a team that you should truck at this point in the season. I know we don't use RPI much anymore, but they are currently 138th. And for context, there are teams like Dayton, St. Louis, Memphis, and UC Irvine in front of them. And I know we'd call those guys gimmies.

Exactly. Nobody is a gimmie to Michigan is what I'm saying.

Exactly. Nobody is a gimmie to Michigan is what I'm saying.

Fair enough. But, it doesn't really matter what us fans think, so I'll just go ahead and say that this is as close to a "gimmie" as possible.

If not, I guess we should just take the word out of our vernacular for this conversation.

Moe and Duncan were both awful and played limited minutes against Iowa in the first match-up. Moe is rolling right now. He's put up 15+ points in seven of our last nine games. I can't imagine Iowa's awful defense slowing him down much.

Hopefully Duncan keeps hitting his open threes. Iowa should offer him plenty of opportunities since they are defense adverse. They've given up 80+ in their eight of their last 9 games.

Michigan absolutely should win this game, and we will all be rightfully upset if they don't. I'm just saying the game does concern me somewhat.

Michigan absolutely should win this game, and we will all be rightfully upset if they don't. I'm just saying the game does concern me somewhat.

For sure. I'm concerned every game because I'm a nervous nellie when I watch the team in general and because I'm a substantially bigger M basketball fan compared to M football. I would take a F4 10 times out of 10 before the CFB Playoff.

But there are certain games that I would sure hope that Michigan wins by 10+. This is one of those games.

Dayton, Memphis, and St. Louis have all been tournament teams recently.

Dayton, Memphis, and St. Louis have all been tournament teams recently.

I gotcha. My point is that they are a horrible team (Iowa) lol.

It's fair if you don't want to call anything a "gimmie." But they are about as close to what that word would be as possible.

Unfortunately, I would have trouble calling any game against a big 10 opponent as a gimme.

This team had gimmes in the nonconference season, but I do agree with ya, this is close to a gimme.

UW might be a gimme if they face each other again.

Austin Hatch will be among the players honored in a pregame ceremony for Sunday's Senior Day along with Muhammad-Ali Abdur-Rahkman, Duncan Robinson and Jaaron Simmons.

Awesome opossum!

Pretty disappointed. I'll be at work until 2pm tomorrow, so I'll miss the beginning of the big game.

Sunday 1pm EST on CBS

Senior day vs OSU

I really hope Michigan takes care of business. Just seems lately that OSU ruins moments like these.

Yaklich should win assistant coach of the year in the B1G. Our defense has been great under him. Even has Duncan defending really well.

Not even sure the award exists, but he deserves it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Back