Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

*Official UM Hoops Thread*

Oohh, I forgot to check that out when I got home last night. Thanks for the reminder.

Great article, Art. I'm going to attempt to reply:

The @Clemson game, that game wasn't as close as the final score, Michigan went on a tear in the first half and it almost turned out like the UT game, except I think the youngsters either relaxed or Clemson woke up and almost made a game out of it. I think that performance came out of left field for most of us.

The first game against UW...I think it was like a 7 point game at the under 8 timeout of the 2nd half. I know the score turned out in double digits, but I didn't get the feeling that it was a blowout. Still, a loss is a loss.

That first game against OH* in Crisler was a total robbery. It was 5on8 the entire way. I even had OH* fans apologizing to me in the stands about the refs as they walked out quietly. There was almost a riot in and around Crisler that day. Those refs ran out of that game as fast as Usain Bolt on 5 hour energy.

the @IU and the @NW losses were saddening, but not unexpected to those of us who follow big 10 basketball and know the intricacies around schedule breaks. The dreaded 2 road games in a row worked its foul magic on Michigan yet again. It doesn't seem to affect elite top 10 teams, but those middling teams get wacked every time they hit that stretch on the schedule...except later in the year, this Michigan team actually defeated the 2 road game factor by winning at Iowa in the 2nd game...barely in OT. (another key game like the Harvard game)

The team meeting after the horrendous rebounding in the home Minn game and then that was followed up by MIchigan outrebounding MInn at MInn by like 20 boards.

Your descriptions of the MSU games were excellent and one thing about this board is we don't have to read the crying of the invading MSu fans about how we're being mean to them. The looks on those fans faces with the numbers on their chests were awesome.

Loved how SOME fans ripped on JMorgan for about half the season, then disappeared.

You have to mention the 16 footer by Colton Christian in the first MSU game, that came out of nowhere and was just the type of shot that the Michigan team was hitting that game. Everything was going right.

HaHa Fatty

Bielfeldt did have an offer from UI, I know you weren't wrong in what you said, but thought I'd throw out there that at least he did have one good offer and its interesting that JB beat out the homeschool team and someone who has a great rep as a recruiter in Webber.

Was listening to the radio and that bum Comparoni was on there talking about how MSU didn't want Irvin or Walton...I just had to shake my head as I switched the channel.

Great write up and there's a lot to be hopeful about for the future of MIchigan basketball

There were some comical chants going around the arena in the MSU game up at Crisler. I had a lot of fun that game.

Thanks for the additional points, Hungry. Taking on that big of a subject it was easy to gloss over some things and miss some details, so I appreciate you filling in the blanks.

You're right about the first Wisconsin game, I think I even argued your same point when it happened, but forgot it when writing this. And I definitely agree regarding the first OH* game, and the situation surrounding the NW and Ind losses. As you know, I argued strongly about that one too. So thanks again for the reply and compliment.

DR said:
Thanks for the additional points, Hungry. Taking on that big of a subject it was easy to gloss over some things and miss some details, so I appreciate you filling in the blanks.

You're right about the first Wisconsin game, I think I even argued your same point when it happened, but forgot it when writing this. And I definitely agree regarding the first OH* game, and the situation surrounding the NW and Ind losses. As you know, I argued strongly about that one too. So thanks again for the reply and compliment.

I know you remember the chants...I cant. What were they?

Beez said:
DR said:

"No means no"

Pretty sure there was a brief "NIT" chant towards the end.

Can't remember any others

DR said:
Beez said:

"No means no"

Pretty sure there was a brief "NIT" chant towards the end.

Can't remember any others

one was about drugs I think.

No means no...ha.... that was good stuff.

Unfortunately I will miss most of the season but I am very excited about the young Wolverines and despite losing Morris, I have high expectations for the season.

Hey Hungry, you should contact Lavall Jordan, he might hire you as a consultant.

DR said:
Hey Hungry, you should contact Lavall Jordan, he might hire you as a consultant.

what?!?! that would be sweet!! I don't really know where you're coming from with this though.

Hungry said:
DR said:

what?!?! that would be sweet!! I don't really know where you're coming from with this though.

Q: How long did you get to think about last season before you had to prep for this season?

Jordan: Last season is last season. As soon as it was over, we talked about leadership for next year, how we were going to get these guys to stay hungry throughout the summer,

DR said:
Hungry said:

Q: How long did you get to think about last season before you had to prep for this season?

Jordan: Last season is last season. As soon as it was over, we talked about leadership for next year, how we were going to get these guys to stay hungry throughout the summer,

HaHaHaHa That's pretty funny. I should invite them over.

Robinson is ahead of Kaminski and Stauskus is ahead of Costello and Valentine, in case anyone's keeping track of such things.

DR said:
Robinson is ahead of Kaminski and Stauskus is ahead of Costello and Valentine, in case anyone's keeping track of such things.

Forgive my ignorance, but I haven't heard of Kaminski.

Cool about Costello and Valentine being lower than Stauskus. Man! Where's sbee when you (don't) need him?

Back