Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. Indians April, 17

I don't see a problem with saying Kinsler is better than Fielder. He should be able to have an opinion.

So, in this regards, I can say Don Kelly is better than Rajai Davis.

But is it just an opinion, or is there actually objective basis?

Exactly.

Fielder showed signs of regression last year, all of his stats were down significantly from his career numbers, and he was awful in the postseason, he really didn't seem to care. Much of his hitting is based on an over-aggressive swing and pulling pitchers mistakes, and his eye at the plate regressed (he posted his 2nd lowest BB for his career last year).

Kinsler is going to provide superior defense, speed/baserunning, and could very well outproduce Fielder's offense, it wouldn't surprise me if Kinsler has a higher OPS than Fielder even playing half his games in Texas. Kinsler has a much much better chance of living up to his contract than Fielder does, i'm glad we have him over Prince all day.

Fielder Walk Rate

2013 10.1 PA/BB
2012 10.0 PA/BB
2011 8.8 PA/BB
2010 7.2 PA/BB
2009 7.9 PA/BB
2008 10.4 PA/BB
2007 9.6 PA/BB

Pretty much within career norms. 2012 and 2013 were actually a different league. There has been virtually no regression in walk rate over career rate of 9.4 PA/BB.

I am curious how 1 year can actually show regression. Because I have been studying baseball stats for over 40 years and it is almost impossible to determine a trend in one year.

Hopefully you aren't going to refer to counting stats.

Jobu is better than Jesus Christ because he can hit a curveball. Ask Cerrano.

Pedro Cerrano: Bats, they are sick. I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid. I ask Jobu to come, take fear from bats. I offer him cigar, rum. He will come.

Eddie Harris: You know you might think about taking Jesus Christ as your savior instead of fooling around with all this stuff.

Roger Dorn: Shit, Harris.

Pedro Cerrano: Jesus, I like him very much, but he no help with curveball.

Eddie Harris: You trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?

Last edited:
All this arguing is getting way out of hand. I don't remember it being this bad, even last year.

All this arguing is getting way out of hand. I don't remember it being this bad, even last year.

Too much sarcastic, and condescending insults from too many, same ones usually, waiting for one to post and then shoot it down and then the other has to defend it,
Like I said before, once a poster dislikes another, every time they post reminds the other how he feels about him/them, and then they try to start a shit storm any way that they can.
and it's tiresome, from ALL who have played this out.

Last edited:
I have my list as well. I'm probably on a few people's as well. All in all, it's been a chore to post here for quite some time. No matter what forum or thread you choose.

So, in this regards, I can say Don Kelly is better than Rajai Davis.

But is it just an opinion, or is there actually objective basis?

We have a winner. Of course you can, that's what opinions are. It's a message board..

Too much sarcastic, and condescending insults from too many, same ones usually, waiting for one to post and then shoot it down and then the other has to defend it,
Like I said before, once a poster dislikes another, every time they post reminds the other how he feels about him/them, and then they try to start a shit storm any way that they can.
and it's tiresome, from ALL who have played this out.

Like your boy Reb. We should be able to have opinions. I don't need to have stats to back it up too give it an opinion.

Problem I see is that there are some on here who have no idea what baiting and trolling is. It's a discussion board and discussions should be able to happen.

If you don't agree and it bothers someone that much, bam - don't read it and go elsewhere.

If you don't agree and it bothers someone that much, bam - don't read it and go elsewhere.

Didn't you lock a thread in the digglers junk section last week because you didn't like what was being posted Mitch? Just seems like some hypocrisy to hear you say this.

There is animosity between certain posters, it's likely there always will be. People are free to have opinions, and others are free to think, and say, they disagree with those opinions. It's funny that some never have a problem when they are disagreeing with someone else's opinion/analysis, but seem to go off the rails if someone disagrees with theirs.

There are a few that I wish I was on their list

If what you say is true, then you do understand the simple solution would be to act proactively and not hope they ignore you, but to ignore on your own.

Didn't you lock a thread in the digglers junk section last week because you didn't like what was being posted Mitch? Just seems like some hypocrisy to hear you say this.

There is animosity between certain posters, it's likely there always will be. People are free to have opinions, and others are free to think, and say, they disagree with those opinions. It's funny that some never have a problem when they are disagreeing with someone else's opinion/analysis, but seem to go off the rails if someone disagrees with theirs.

Different circumstances. The point is - what you say is true in the second paragraph. Being on a message board that happens..but as it goes on there seems to bother certain people more while most move past it..

In any event you're right.

Like your boy Reb. We should be able to have opinions. I don't need to have stats to back it up too give it an opinion.

Problem I see is that there are some on here who have no idea what baiting and trolling is. It's a discussion board and discussions should be able to happen.

Seriously, if that isn't a personal, I don't know what is. You could have posted a response without that and still made your point.

So you have a problem with KC and I being friends? You think KC wouldn't tell me when or if I was being wrong on here? I certainly would listen to him, because the relationship is built on respect.

The conflicts I have with other posters usually centers around me posting statistics to prove a point and some of those posters don't like it. I get why and so do most people. If I had to explain it, then you aren't paying attention (fyi...I have read virtually every comment in every thread in the Tiger section since this site's creation) But I am not a hypocrite or do I have double standards when posting any stats. They are what they are. Yet, some have issue with that.

Sure everyone has an opinion. But as soon as you post that opinion on a message board, it is going to be commented on (either for or against). And that is the lifeblood of forums, the sharing of opinions and then discussing their merits. It is meant to be used for discussion and debate, without personal attacks or taking it personal. I love a good debate, as long as it doesn't resort to those personal attacks (I am still waiting on a few who have claimed that I do it to post where I did). And based on some of your posting histories, so do most on here. Rarely do I post anywhere else (Lions, Pistons, Redwings), but I do read through some threads. Talk about hypocrisy and personal attacks. Talk about letting some posters "bully" their way through threads/forum. And some of you know who those posters are. Probably one of the reasons I do not post elsewhere at this site, except here under the Tigers' section. Because I usually stand up to bullying.

I have gone round and round with more than a few (Thumb, Spock, Sbee, ect) and we haven't resorted to name calling. Tomdalton posts quite a bit that I don't agree with and I can respond without it becoming personal. That discussion/debate is what drives a message board. Not this gameday play by play comments. Or the one sentence responses that don't amount to much more than saying "fucking Player X" or similar. Nothing is more hilarious then seeing 5 posts in a row saying the same thing, from 5 different posters (i.e. F**k Don Kelly). It still exists and I get why it happens. It isn't what makes this forum stand out. I could go to CBS, Yahoo, etc if I wanted the mindless dribble during the course of a season. It is the true discussion threads, not the "gameday" threads. They both serve their purposes here.

I have purposely avoided this board for periods of time (which I shouldn't have to do). I have purposely avoid commenting against certain posters. I do not believe in putting anyone on "ignore" (my opinion, and mine only, is it a form of disrespect to my fellow man. I do not have to like everyone, but I should respect them as being Tiger fans). I can just simply not comment. But, there is a select few who purposely "bait" myself and others. That is a fact. I know that some of the same posters I have issues with have also had conflicts with Thumb and/or Spock, and/or other posters. That is another fact. They probably just put them on ignore. I just need to practice restraint. But they will continue to bait if left unchecked, they just will choose someone else to "bait".

It's not like I am without reason. If any moderator, even you Mitch, contacted me and wanted to discuss, truly discuss, then great. I play a part. I can be arrogant. But that is not a crime or against proper board etiquette. Every poster has a "boiling point", so I won't say I haven't reached that a few times recently. But I still don't see where I "personally attacked" anyone. Again, posting contrary to someone's posted opinion isn't a personal attack. Now if you don't agree with that statement, then I don't know how to address this issue.

My wife and I both have differing opinions on a lot of things. Sometimes we have "heated" discussions. But, I take it to a personal level if I call her a "B***h" during the discussion. Of course she is going to respond negatively. Don't expect me to be different if another poster took our discussion to a personal level and/or began "bullying".

To most posters here, I apologize for "high jacking" certain threads with this banter.

Only a huge a-hole would post this mitchrapp, and posting late after seeing that I left for the night.
Where do you get off and think I have people as favorites? over any number of posters that I communicate here with?
You don't need stats?????????? Like every one else who follows baseball.
All you need is your opinion? HAR there's that word again you hide behind, when you do your best to troll posters here.
Whatever opinions/discussion/stats you can't understand YOU shoot them down with smug disdain and criticism.
mitch, in your capacity here, you are a disappointment to many.

Last edited:
Seriously, if that isn't a personal, I don't know what is. You could have posted a response without that and still made your point.

So you have a problem with KC and I being friends? You think KC wouldn't tell me when or if I was being wrong on here? I certainly would listen to him, because the relationship is built on respect.

The conflicts I have with other posters usually centers around me posting statistics to prove a point and some of those posters don't like it. I get why and so do most people. If I had to explain it, then you aren't paying attention (fyi...I have read virtually every comment in every thread in the Tiger section since this site's creation) But I am not a hypocrite or do I have double standards when posting any stats. They are what they are. Yet, some have issue with that.

Sure everyone has an opinion. But as soon as you post that opinion on a message board, it is going to be commented on (either for or against). And that is the lifeblood of forums, the sharing of opinions and then discussing their merits. It is meant to be used for discussion and debate, without personal attacks or taking it personal. I love a good debate, as long as it doesn't resort to those personal attacks (I am still waiting on a few who have claimed that I do it to post where I did). And based on some of your posting histories, so do most on here. Rarely do I post anywhere else (Lions, Pistons, Redwings), but I do read through some threads. Talk about hypocrisy and personal attacks. Talk about letting some posters "bully" their way through threads/forum. And some of you know who those posters are. Probably one of the reasons I do not post elsewhere at this site, except here under the Tigers' section. Because I usually stand up to bullying.

I have gone round and round with more than a few (Thumb, Spock, Sbee, ect) and we haven't resorted to name calling. Tomdalton posts quite a bit that I don't agree with and I can respond without it becoming personal. That discussion/debate is what drives a message board. Not this gameday play by play comments. Or the one sentence responses that don't amount to much more than saying "fucking Player X" or similar. Nothing is more hilarious then seeing 5 posts in a row saying the same thing, from 5 different posters (i.e. F**k Don Kelly). It still exists and I get why it happens. It isn't what makes this forum stand out. I could go to CBS, Yahoo, etc if I wanted the mindless dribble during the course of a season. It is the true discussion threads, not the "gameday" threads. They both serve their purposes here.

I have purposely avoided this board for periods of time (which I shouldn't have to do). I have purposely avoid commenting against certain posters. I do not believe in putting anyone on "ignore" (my opinion, and mine only, is it a form of disrespect to my fellow man. I do not have to like everyone, but I should respect them as being Tiger fans). I can just simply not comment. But, there is a select few who purposely "bait" myself and others. That is a fact. I know that some of the same posters I have issues with have also had conflicts with Thumb and/or Spock, and/or other posters. That is another fact. They probably just put them on ignore. I just need to practice restraint. But they will continue to bait if left unchecked, they just will choose someone else to "bait".

It's not like I am without reason. If any moderator, even you Mitch, contacted me and wanted to discuss, truly discuss, then great. I play a part. I can be arrogant. But that is not a crime or against proper board etiquette. Every poster has a "boiling point", so I won't say I haven't reached that a few times recently. But I still don't see where I "personally attacked" anyone. Again, posting contrary to someone's posted opinion isn't a personal attack. Now if you don't agree with that statement, then I don't know how to address this issue.

My wife and I both have differing opinions on a lot of things. Sometimes we have "heated" discussions. But, I take it to a personal level if I call her a "B***h" during the discussion. Of course she is going to respond negatively. Don't expect me to be different if another poster took our discussion to a personal level and/or began "bullying".

To most posters here, I apologize for "high jacking" certain threads with this banter.

You don't see where you personally attacked anyone? This whole thread spun off the rails when you called a poster a "troll". Which is quite ironic considering what you did is basically the definition of a troll.

If what you say is true, then you do understand the simple solution would be to act proactively and not hope they ignore you, but to ignore on your own.

There should be more of this. and certain posters need it more than others
It is tiresome to have to read through all this at any given time Rebbiv posts stats and some disagree with them, some don't like the stats for whatever reason, and it's their right, and if and when they post that the poster with the stats needs to understand it to,
all parties need to stop the personal attacks and trolling of the usual suspects.

You don't see where you personally attacked anyone? This whole thread spun off the rails when you called a poster a "troll". Which is quite ironic considering what you did is basically the definition of a troll.

I stand corrected. I have called you and others a troll. For that I apologize.

Back