Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Dan Dierdorf- New Play by Play

dubbsco

Did not see that coming. Thought it would be Matt Shepard.

Correction, new color, Brandstatter is moving to p-b-p.

When offered the job, Dierdorf jumped at the opportunity.
70057_1.jpg

793315d1366803020t-hey-if-you-got-you-got-%85-ba-dum-tssshhh-o.jpg

They said it would be a name locally known

That is beyond cal

Matt really wanted it but dan might be better

Think if this two former teammates and michigan men

do people really care about this? I know a lot of people don't even listen to the radio...ever!

then Brandon was all cryptic about the announcement... give me a break. Who really cares?!??!

do people really care about this? I know a lot of people don't even listen to the radio...ever!

then Brandon was all cryptic about the announcement... give me a break. Who really cares?!??!

I do. I listen to more M games than watch. Especially now.

I prefer Broncos away games on radio over watching on TV frequently.

A few years ago the Avs radio PBP guy got the TV gig and it was hilarious how he had to change his style because on TV he couldn't take as many liberties as radio because fans could see the game themselves.

His famous radio call (esp when it was the Wings) was to say "should have been a penalty, but no call!" and said it often regarding DMac and Shanny ....suddenly on TV you can't say crap like that.

Heh

Dierdorf is okay but he got a bit tired on MNF and then on CBS he came off as "angry" ...maybe the college game will suit him.

I prefer Broncos away games on radio over watching on TV frequently.

A few years ago the Avs radio PBP guy got the TV gig and it was hilarious how he had to change his style because on TV he couldn't take as many liberties as radio because fans could see the game themselves.

His famous radio call (esp when it was the Wings) was to say "should have been a penalty, but no call!" and said it often regarding DMac and Shanny ....suddenly on TV you can't.

I remember that asshole. He didnt change his style too much. Any commentators are homers, but Wings commentators are the best by far. Everytime I watch an opposing teams channel when they play Wings, its night and day compared to Wings guys. Wings commentators, especially Redmond, call it pretty fair.

Back