Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2015 Belmont History is made American Pharoah Wins the Triple Crown

http://espn.go.com/horse-racing/sto...s-no-5-post-belmont-stakes-early-3-5-favorite
American Pharoah 3-5 favorite to win at Belmont, capture Triple Crown.

Purse $1,500,000. For Three Year Olds. By subscription of $600 each, to accompany the nomination, if made on or before January 17, 2015, or $6,000, if made on or before March 23, 2015. At any time prior to the closing time of entries, horses may be nominated to The Belmont Stakes upon payment of a supplementary fee of $75,000 to the New York Racing Association, Inc. $15,000 to pass the entry box and $15,000 additional to start. All entrants will be required to pay entry and starting fees; but no fees, supplemental or otherwise shall be added to the purse. The purse to be divided $800,000 to the winner, $280,000 to second, $150,000 to third, $100,000 to fourth, $60,000 to fifth, $45,000 to sixth, $35,000 to seventh and $30,000 to eighth. Colts and Geldings, 126 Lbs.; Fillies, 121 Lbs. The winning owner will be presented with the August Belmont Memorial Cup to be retained for one year as well as a trophy for permanent possession and trophies to the winning trainer and jockey. One And One Half Miles.

PP Horse -------- Jockey --------- weight --------- trainer ---------- odds
1 Mubtaahij (IRE) 3/C I Ortiz, Jr. 126 M F de Kock 10/1
2 Tale of Verve (KY) 3/C L G L Stevens 126 D Stewart 15/1
3 Madefromlucky (KY) 3/C L J Castellano 126 T A Pletcher 12/1
4 Frammento (KY) 3/C L M E Smith 126 N P Zito 30/1
5 American Pharoah (KY) 3/C L V Espinoza 126 B Baffert 3/5
6 Frosted (KY) 3/C L J Rosario 126 K P McLaughlin 5/1
7 Keen Ice (KY) 3/C L K J Desormeaux 126 D L Romans 20/1
8 Materiality (KY) 3/C L J R Velazquez 126 T A Pletcher 6/1

Owners: 1 - Essafinaat; 2 - Fipke, Charles, E.; 3 - Cheyenne Stables LLC and Nichol, Mac; 4 - Mossarosa; 5 - Zayat Stables, LLC; 6 - Godolphin Racing LLC; 7 - Donegal Racing; 8 - Alto Racing, LLC

Breeders: 1 - Dunmore Stud Ltd; 2 - Charles Fipke; 3 - RMF Thoroughbreds; 4 - Mr. & Mrs. Oliver S. Tait; 5 - Zayat Stables; 6 - Darley; 7 - Glencrest Farm; 8 - John D. Gunther

Equipment Changes: 4 - Frammento - Blinkers off.

Last edited:
He fucking did it!!!!!! Glad to see one in my lifetime

Now that there's finally been another one you're likely to see some more, they seem to come in bunches.

During a six year period during the 1970s there were three, and from 1930 to 1948 there were seven.

Then none after that until Secretariat.

Last edited:
Only Secretariat among Triple Crown winners ran the 1.5 miles faster at the Belmont. Special horse #AmericanPharoah

5 sporting events that I have enjoyed watching in my lifetime, outside of a Detroit/Michigan sports' team championship is 4 Triple Crown Winners (so far) and the Miracle on Ice.

Congrats to American Pharoah!!

wow, 1st triple crown winner in my lifetime!

i was going to bet him again, but the odds were so close to even, it wasnt worth it.

Damn Secretariat was something 15 lengths he would beat AP..wow..

Last edited:
Back