Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

RIP Sam Shepard

The plays he wrote were unimaginably dark and tragic.

In the early 80s in Ann Arbor I was offered a small role in Buried Child that I turned it down to play McMurphy in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

At the same time, a New York bartender was playing the lead in Sam Shepard's Fool for Love off Broadway, which was one of four other Sam Shepard pieces associated with Buried Child.

Location, location, location, right? That off Broadway actor was invited to play a character on Miami Vice, and then was offered and accepted the part of David Addison in Moonlighting.

Last edited:
Honestly, I only really recognized him as the commanding officer from Black Hawk Down.

"Hey, Ridley, got any Beemans?"

"I think I got me a stick."

"Loan me some, will ya? I'll pay ya back later"

"Furr enough."

Back