Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

RIP Roger Moore

Michchamp

He was a pretty damn great James Bond.

I didnt realize he was so old (89)

Me neither. . RIP Mr. Bond. "James Bond " !!!!!!

I love all the Bonds to some extent except Timothy Dalton who I didn't care for to much.

I was born when he was James Bond.. My first Bond movie was Moonraker.. I agree he was a great James Bond. Rest in Peace.

I was born when he was James Bond.. My first Bond movie was Moonraker.. I agree he was a great James Bond. Rest in Peace.

Connery was Bond when you were born, although during that time period George Lazenby and even David Niven each actually made a Bond film.

Roger Moore debuted as James Bond in Live and Let Die in 1973.

Last edited:
Connery was Bond when you were born, although during that time period George Lazenby and even David Niven each actually made a Bond film.

Roger Moore debuted as James Bond in Live and Let Die in 1973.

Right. I worded it wrong. I meant he was Bond for me. I was 18-19 before I ever realized there was another Bond (Connery did one in '83). I thought hey a new Bond, not realizing he did many before. Moonraker, I was 14, so I grew up with Roger Moore as Bond. Though Connery is fantastic..

Outside of George Lazenby (and Peter Sellers) I thought he was the weakest Bond myself.

And though not his fault, most of his Bond movies were poorly written.

Moore was the "campy" 007.

Most of my favorite Bond theme songs were during his tenure, but there were some clunkers, too.

Last edited:
Back