Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Divison Title failures

Aikman's career passer rating was 81.4. He played from 1989 - 2000

here are some others in that timeframe

Young 96.8 85-99
Marino 86.4 83-99
Gannon 84.7 87-04
Kelly 84.4 86-96
Kosar 81.8 85-96
O'Donnell 81.8 91-03
Cunningham 81.5 85-01
Boomer 81.1 84-97
moon 80.9 84-00
Hostetler 80.5 85-97
Elway 79.9 83-98

I know there isn't one good stat to judge QBs. But Neil O'Donnell has a 81.8 career rating. He was a good QB. Not great or certainly not HOF worthy. I believe that is where Aikman belongs. I think that Aikman was propped up because the team around him was so good.

Article
Detroit Free Press
By Carlos Monarrez.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...ons-jim-caldwell-nfc-north-failure/963320001/

I like Carlos . He tells it like it is . Since 1993 ... lol even Tampa Bay has one more title then the Lions and they left the divison in 2001 . JIm as usual gets a tad testy when the question about divison titles comes up.

Packers 12
Vikings 7
Bears 4
Tampa Bay 1.

It's not Caldwell problem the franchise has been so inept all these years, he's only been here for a short few of them. I didn't have any problem with his comments when asked about the div title. We can't really have expected the Lions to be able to go 14-2 this year did we.

It's not Caldwell problem the franchise has been so inept all these years, he's only been here for a short few of them. I didn't have any problem with his comments when asked about the div title. We can't really have expected the Lions to be able to go 14-2 this year did we.

4-23 verses teams over .500. That is all you need to know about Caldwell. Plus his failure to find a running game is all on him . His inept deer in the headlights game situations is pathetic . 10 days for the Ravens wtf!!!

Last edited:
4-23 verses teams over .500. That is all you need to know about Caldwell. Plus his failure to find a running game is all on him .

Don't disagree with any of that, that wasn't the question though, the question was about not winning the division this year, I would have said something similar, don't care right now, we have no control over that, focused on the next game we need to win to stay alive we can talk about that after the season is over, any questions about cinn game? No ok have a good one.

I know there isn't one good stat to judge QBs. But Neil O'Donnell has a 81.8 career rating. He was a good QB. Not great or certainly not HOF worthy. I believe that is where Aikman belongs. I think that Aikman was propped up because the team around him was so good.

If you just look at passer rating many of those were similar. Like Elway. He got to a couple SB before Davis, so no running game. And Elway deserves the hall, Imo. And Moon - the guy was awesome.

2 big differences between now and then . Back then QB weren't afraid to throw an int. Nowadays even the best QB are safer.. They all dink and dunk their way to stardom.

The 2 difference outside of stabbing a guy a defensive man could basically kill a QB and a WR.

Don't disagree with any of that, that wasn't the question though, the question was about not winning the division this year, I would have said something similar, don't care right now, we have no control over that, focused on the next game we need to win to stay alive we can talk about that after the season is over, any questions about cinn game? No ok have a good one.

But your wrong . Caldwell has been here for four of the 23 years , and he has also failed to deliver a Division title which this thread about btw.

But your wrong . Caldwell has been here for four of the 23 years , and he has also failed to deliver a Division title which this thread about btw.

Honestly just having a hard time caring anymore, have lost the ability to be anything but negative, just expect failure and never be disappointed

Last edited:
international-sign-for-failure.jpg

Back