Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Griffin Traded to Pistons

I wasn't comparing skillsets. I'm comparing the fact that it was a big name that fans got excited about at first, until they realized it wasn't worth it and that it was mostly fools gold. Also at the time of the signing Fielder's contract was the 5th richest in the MLB on a per year basis (behind ARod, Pujols, Cliff Lee, and Ryan Howard) . Griffin also is the 5th most expensive in the NBA this season currently behind only Curry, Lebron, Millsap, and Gordon Hayward. Not the same length of contract though so Fielder was a bit worse for sure.

Oh and Griffin's never won jack shit just like Fielder too I suppose. All while being part of some pretty stacked teams.

That's just an odd comparison. I think any fan will get excited about someone new coming into town.

And when you drill down into skill sets and what actually matters on the court, BG has a ton more dynamic ability than Fielder.

Imo, this improves the team.

Maybe you are right yes, in fact I agree with you they are "better" than they were before the trade on paper. But at what cost, and is the degree to which they are "better" worth that cost? I just don't think it was, but I am happy to come back and eat crow if I'm wrong!

That's just an odd comparison. I think any fan will get excited about someone new coming into town.

And when you drill down into skill sets and what actually matters on the court, BG has a ton more dynamic ability than Fielder.

We don't get many studs/star players that come to Detroit so that was just the first name that came to mind that generated this sort of buzz. Had nothing to do with skillsets.

I just don't see this trade being a step that takes us towards a championship which should be the goal. We have taken steps towards being the next Toronto Raptors or Indiana Pacers. It's better sure, but not where I want the Pistons to be ultimately. Like I said I would love to be wrong,

We don't get many studs/star players that come to Detroit so that was just the first name that came to mind that generated this sort of buzz. Had nothing to do with skillsets.

I just don't see this trade being a step that takes us towards a championship which should be the goal. We have taken steps towards being the next Toronto Raptors or Indiana Pacers. It's better sure, but not where I want the Pistons to be ultimately. Like I said I would love to be wrong,

Yeah, I was all on board with the tanking about a week ago. I figured they would just keep losing and sell their assets and reset the franchise.

Apparently, that's not the route they want to go. I do think the front court is now one of the best in the East. If Jackson can come back soon and give them good minutes, they can get on a roll.

I'm a big fan of Blake, as long as he stays healthy lol

I'm OK with the trade. SVG can't draft anyway so the picks are useless. The league is built on stars. I do worry about his health and don't like his contract given his age.

Not sure how excited Griffin is going to be. A few months after he signs his extension he gets moved from LA to Detroit.

From the ESPN article

"A free agent in the 2017 offseason, Griffin met with Ballmer, coach Doc Rivers, West and several players at Staples Center in a celebration of his career. At the end of the two-hour fete, Griffin rose and spoke, telling teammates, his coach and the owner, "I want my legacy to be a Clipper."

well, I didn't think he would deteriorate so fast. I guess I was wrong...this was a terrible trade.

Blake's last 10 games

10 points a game, 25% fg%, 12.5% from 3

I think this turd is done.

Back