Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Czechoslovakia 3 Usa 2 Shootout Final

biggunsbob

Cnbc
Olympic hockey quarterfinals.. one team is very rested , and it is not the USA.

Last edited:
First game of the day in guess as there is now one I the building sadly right now.

Greenway .. My god he is a dumbass. Holding the stick .. His fifth penalty of the tournament...in the offensive end too... Such a bad penalty. 4 quality shots on goal ..nice goaltending.

Last edited:
Goal!!!!! Danato his 5th of the tournament.

Last edited:
USA first pp was underwhelming. Sure would be nice to get up by a few.

Last edited:
USA is being very weak on the puck right now and Czech are dictating play we're being terrible are in our own end, and just like than its tied 1-1...We are being awful in our end. USA is doing way to much chasing.

Last edited:
I just don't understand the USA pp.. it is awful . No shots on goal on our seconds pp. , and 9 minutes in a row without a shot on goal., and dumb ass McCarthy with 3 seconds to go in the period hit's a guy in the back and commits a really stupid penalty. One team looks way better then the other teamm right now. USA speed is being neutralized.

Last edited:
Nice kill by USA , and another dumb penalty by USA ...sigh their 3rd.. USA killed it. But the ice is really tilted. We are so flat and playing terrible . It was just a matter of time .. 3 icing in a row and guys can't get off the ice and we are losing 2-1. Thus Game is over the way we are playing.

Oh another dumb penalty by USA ..third in a row .

Shorty !!!!!!!! 2-2 only the second shot on goal last 19 minutes by USA .

Last edited:
USA gets its third pp. Just a tad better then the other 2 pp but not really.
2-2 end the second.

Last edited:
Usa gets pp #4.. And just like when he coached the red wings pp it did shit. It was better then the other 3 but guys can't hit the target ..

Last edited:
Usa has goalie beat .. hits post....
Usa gets its 6th pp. Czechoslovakia is pissed any kind of have a right to be because some penalties were missed on us.. Again not a very good pp.

Tie game 2-2 sudden death overtime 41 seconds left on ppl USA will have a 4 of 3 pp to start ot... my guess is we need to score on this pp. Because winter big ice 4 on 4 may be bad for USA .. I was wrong usa had the better chances after the pp whiff.

On to a 5 shot shootout .

Last edited:
Usa goalie stops 4 of 5 shootout shots , and no Usa player can make a shootout goal...Lots of gagging there .

Usa hits post in third with goalie clearly beat. Had the better chances in the overtime but first two periods Czechoslovakia was better.

Last edited:
The US team wasn't picked to finish high, right? They did alright..

Last edited:
Womans expected to win.

Mens about middle of pack.

IIRC....

Only problem with this thinking is that Canada women have owned the USA women at the Olympics. USA beats Canada at world championships ,, Canada has 4 gold and 1 silver compared to Usa's 1 gold 4 silvers and 1 bronze. Plus Canada has already beat USA in this tournament. I can't wait this teams really play hard verses each other.

Back