Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Big Ten Title Tuesday night vs Illinois

johnny2x2x

A Share of the Big Ten Title on the line Tuesday on Senior night. Can win it outright with a win after that @Wisconsin.

26-3, 28-3 gets us the outright Big Ten Title. We've had some ups and downs this season, and I think we had our slumps but were able to eke out wins during them because of the talent and upside of the team. Team plays like the best team in the country for 15-20 minutes at a time, but can look disinterested at other times. Zero bad losses this season is pretty tough to do.

Seeds be damned, this team puts it together and they can win it all.

I just hope it's not one of those horrendous low scoring displays of awful basketball like we frequently get into with the Illini. Although, for some reason those tend to be games at Illinois. Hopefully the team is energized by the possibility of winning the B1G outright and they just destroy them.

I just hope it's not one of those horrendous low scoring displays of awful basketball like we frequently get into with the Illini. Although, for some reason those tend to be games at Illinois. Hopefully the team is energized by the possibility of winning the B1G outright and they just destroy them.

I don't feel like we've played a complete 40 minute game in a long time. Would love to see us start to put together 35-40 minutes of our best basketball. That's what it will take to win it all. I still believe that when this team plays its best, no team in the country can hang, but we're not consistent enough.

Are the students on spring break? Dear god they’re quiet as church mice, not that our play is worth cheering for right now

He's gotten to double figures today, but something looks wrong with Langford's shot. It looks flatter than earlier in the season and everything is coming up short.

I can't even tell if Bridges has played in 3 games. He has little effect on games.....lately

I've been as critical as anyone with Bridges, but I thought he played aggressive tonight. Finally attacking the basket and getting to the line.

He had 19-5-3 tonight.

That's all well and good. He's becoming a jump shooter that, right now, is having little impact in other areas. He needs to step up his game if we want to make it past the first weekend of the tournament.

Bridges looked out of control with the ball a lot of the time tonight. I like that he tried to get to the basket more, at least it seemed that way, but he had control issues and made some stupid decisions with the ball - he picked up his dribble and left his feet not knowing what he was going to do and ended up turning it over or throwing up bricks.

I understand it's harder for him to beat 3s off the dribble but why doesn't he move more without the ball, backdoor cuts for easy finishes from Winston?

Last edited:
Picked a bad time to start cutting onions when Tum came off the court

maybe I'm just a heartless jerk but I don't get it - literally everyone has been screaming to get the guy off the floor for 2 years. He finally steps off the floor for the last time and everyone is crying like a little girl who just dropped her ice cream cone. The guy is a true Spartan, no doubt - thanks for the sacrifice, loyalty and commitment. I hope to see you in the stands in the future and I wish you all the best for a happy, healthy, fruitful life but it's time to move on. Bring on the Cassius Winston era.

Last edited:
maybe I'm just a heartless jerk but I don't get it - literally everyone has been screaming to get the guy off the floor for 2 years. He finally steps off the floor for the last time and everyone is crying like a little girl who just dropped her ice cream cone. The guy is a true Spartan, no doubt - thanks for the sacrifice, loyalty and commitment. I hope to see you in the stands in the future and I wish you all the best for a happy, healthy, fruitful life but it's time to move on. Bring on the Cassius Winston era.

Trust me I?ve been a huge Tum tum critic, and I look forward to no longer having to groan as he subs in and resort to playing 4 on 5 on offense. I guess I?m a sucker for his story. I don?t get the people sobbing over it either, a little misty eyed sure but any more than that by the average fan is somewhat odd.

Trust me I?ve been a huge Tum tum critic, and I look forward to no longer having to groan as he subs in and resort to playing 4 on 5 on offense. I guess I?m a sucker for his story. I don?t get the people sobbing over it either, a little misty eyed sure but any more than that by the average fan is somewhat odd.

I agree. His story is special and he is truly a great human being, but boy is he an awful basketball player.

Back