Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Another school shooting

That includes all foreign debt, not just from borrowing for undeclared "wars"

correct, but irrelevant. all the borrowing, whether it's to finance our normal trade deficit or wars (declared or undeclared), is at the prevailing rate, which is not usurious.

That is essentially what the US did during "Desert Storm" in the early 90s, yet it did did not manage to depose Saddam, and wound up using a "boots on the ground" invasion by '03.

If we were so successful in dispatching them, then why did Obama inherit both occupations in '09?

didn't Bush on the advice of Colin Powell and against the advice of Norman Schwarzkopf, elect to not invade Iraq and depose Saddam? Granted that would have been a full scale invasion involving boots on the ground. But the point is it was more of a strategic decision to not invade Iraq and depose him than a failure of the tactics used to prosecute Dessert Storm, as you seem to be implying.

didn't Bush on the advice of Colin Powell and against the advice of Norman Schwarzkopf, elect to not invade Iraq and depose Saddam? Granted that would have been a full scale invasion involving boots on the ground. But the point is it was more of a strategic decision to not invade Iraq and depose him than a failure of the tactics used to prosecute Dessert Storm, as you seem to be implying.

This is correct. Bush Sr. made the calculated decision to leave Saddam in power. The thinking was they didn't want to create a power vacuum in the region into which Iran would slide. What a mistake.

Last edited:
they're getting a ton of press particularly from the anti-gun talking heads, politicians are referencing them and their actions, school administrators are dismissing them and granting excused absences etc, etc.

I don't have any problem with them doing it, it's their right to express themselves. I don't think they should be excused from class for protests, but on their time and their dime, have at it. Just don't tell me we should be basing policy on their opinions, or that it's "powerful stuff" to see the next generation speaking out - meaning clearly that we should listen to them. I feel the same way about kids on either side of the debate.

I think they're getting a ton of press because they're part of an overall giant news story.

Surprisingly politicians are politicizing the situation.

I'm wondering that administration's short term excusing from class might be on the advice of emotional support councilors in order to deal with the near term trauma.

Who knows?

I thought I understood that Iraq had a pretty formidable army for a country that wasn't the US, Russia, China or the UK...maybe Pakistan and India are also a notch above what Iraq was...and the all volunteer army seemed to not have much of a problem dispatching them.

I think I understand that the US army has developed into a superior technology fighting for which potentially displaces the need for manpower.

Correct, future wars will be fought terminator style complete with hell dogs

https://youtu.be/aFuA50H9uek

Last edited:
That is essentially what the US did during "Desert Storm" in the early 90s, yet it did did not manage to depose Saddam, and wound up using a "boots on the ground" invasion by '03.

If we were so successful in dispatching them, then why did Obama inherit both occupations in '09?

The dispatching part was a spectacular success.

The occupying part was a colossal failure.

CNN Town Hall, gives me hope for the future. One of the kids absolutely roasted Rubio.

Just saw someone post that clip. That's a future campaign ad, 100%.

I have to give Rubio credit, he knew he'd get slammed but still showed up. Says a lot about Rick Scott that he didn't have the time to show up for this.

And the NRA woman, HOLY SHIT. What an emotionless drone.

Trump first stated that he wants all teachers to pack heat, then as expected and as usual, denies having said so, and instead tweets that what he said was to look at the possibility of giving concealed guns to gun adept teachers with military or special training experience – "only the best,” “20% of teachers, a lot, would now be able to immediately fire back if a savage sicko came to a school with bad intentions.”

I truly doubt that even 1% have had that kind of training, which requires continued practice and yearly refresher training to stay current and sharp. And as aptly demonstrated by Cruz himself, even a young psycho is quite capable of adapting and preparing for armed opposition in a mass-panic, by using diversions and concealment, since they can fire wildly and indiscriminantly, while the teacher must be able to shoot with far more accuracy, to avoid wounding and/or killing other staff or students near and in their line of fire.

Who decides which teachers are to be licenced and receive a sidearm, ammo, training, and frequent practice? Who will pay for hundreds, if not thousands of armed teachers in each state? What if some or many of these "experienced" teachers balk at accepting much greater responsibility, absent higher salaries?

Not to post that his idiotic idea will ever come to fruition, as it is merely another delay and distraction from his actually doing anything to curb or end the ownership and use of assault weapons by private citizens here in Murka. Especially since his administration has only taken steps to increase their use and ownership by those with documented mental deficiencies.

Last edited:
Trump first stated that he wants all teachers to pack heat, then as expected and as usual, denies having said so, and instead tweets that what he said was to look at the possibility of giving concealed guns to gun adept teachers with military or special training experience ? "only the best,? ?20% of teachers, a lot, would now be able to immediately fire back if a savage sicko came to a school with bad intentions.?

I truly doubt that even 1% have had that kind of training, which requires continued practice and yearly refresher training to stay current and sharp. And as aptly demonstrated by Cruz himself, even a young psycho is quite capable of adapting and preparing for armed opposition in a mass-panic, by using diversions and concealment, since they can fire wildly and indiscriminantly, while the teacher must be able to shoot with far more accuracy, to avoid wounding and/or killing other staff or students near and in their line of fire.

Who decides which teachers are to be licenced and receive a sidearm, ammo, training, and frequent practice? Who will pay for hundreds, if not thousands of armed teachers in each state? What if some or many of these "experinced" teachers balk at accepting much greater responsibility, absent higher salaries?

Not to post that his idiotic idea will ever come to fruition, as it is merely another delay and distraction from his actually doing anything to curb or end the ownership and use of assault weapons by private citizens here in Murka. Especially since his administration has only taken steps to increase their use and ownership by those with documented mental deficiencies.

this is all so fucking insane.

just ban assault rifles already. there is no absolute private right of ownership in the Constitution and its fucking obvious.

Trump first stated that he wants all teachers to pack heat, then as expected and as usual, denies having said so, and instead tweets that what he said was to look at the possibility of giving concealed guns to gun adept teachers with military or special training experience ? "only the best,? ?20% of teachers, a lot, would now be able to immediately fire back if a savage sicko came to a school with bad intentions.?

Who decides which teachers are to be licenced and receive a sidearm, ammo, training, and frequent practice? Who will pay for hundreds, if not thousands of armed teachers in each state? What if some or many of these "experienced" teachers balk at accepting much greater responsibility, absent higher salaries?

I've worked in high schools, and currently work in the college setting. I don't want to ever, ever, have to carry a gun. I don't like guns, I don't want to go through training, and I don't want to risk making a mistake and letting some kid grab it from me.

I've worked in high schools, and currently work in the college setting. I don't want to ever, ever, have to carry a gun. I don't like guns, I don't want to go through training, and I don't want to risk making a mistake and letting some kid grab it from me.

My biggest concern. Like teachers don't already have enough on their plate.

An armed "school resource" deputy assigned to Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School has been suspended this afternoon by Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel. The deputy, who has apparently since resigned from the force, Scott Peterson, was cited for his failure to respond or act during the 8 minutes while the rampaging suspect Cruz was actively shooting schoolchildren dead and wounded within the facility.

https://twitter.com/DanLinden/status/966802900545691649

Certainly this casts a pall upon ammosexuals' mantra of only a "good guy with a gun" being able to stop a bad guy with the element of surprise and a semi-auto assault rifle on his side. b/c handguns really don't stop bad people, when assault rifles with large magazines are so easily procured to kill many innocent people...and very quickly.

Last edited:
An armed "school resource" deputy assigned to Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School has been suspended this afternoon by Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel. The deputy, who has apparently since resigned from the force, Scott Peterson, was cited for his failure to respond or act during the 8 minutes while the rampaging suspect Cruz was actively shooting schoolchildren dead and wounded within the facility.

https://twitter.com/DanLinden/status/966802900545691649

Certainly this casts a pall upon ammosexuals' mantra of only a "good guy with a gun" being able to stop a bad guy with the element of surprise and a semi-auto assault rifle on his side. b/c handguns really don't stop bad people, when assault rifles with large magazines are so easily procured to kill many innocent people...and very quickly.

"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face." ~Mike Tyson

I'm sure that applies very much to shit talking CPL carriers and deputies when someone is firing off rounds left and right in your vicinity.

Last edited:
Some on the right pushing turning schools into armed check points. while some on the left pushing the same ol’ ban ban ban..nether are the solution. Behind every one of these I’ll bet you find very disturbed people with mental and or spiritual issues followed by an SSRI of one kind or another. Yet this reality gets the least amount of attention.

Mr Jon Rappoport is correct

https://www.infowars.com/mass-shootings-and-psychiatric-drugs-the-connection/

Oh but CNN will never have a town hall on that aspect cuz that’s who pays thier bills

Last edited:
Isn't that the tin foil hat, anti vaxxer, who says most sicknesses today are a government conspiracy to depopulate the planet?

Idk is he? If so I’d probebly agree with him on that to

Anyway not directly related but really hope lot of you got a chance to catch the whole hunting hitler history channel stuff over the last three years it was a real eye opener and potentially still relevant today imo

Last edited:
Some on the right pushing turning schools into armed check points. while some on the left pushing the same ol? ban ban ban..nether are the solution. Behind every one of these I?ll bet you find very disturbed people with mental and or spiritual issues followed by an SSRI of one kind or another. Yet this reality gets the least amount of attention.

Mr Jon Rappoport is correct

https://www.infowars.com/mass-shootings-and-psychiatric-drugs-the-connection/

Oh but CNN will never have a town hall on that aspect cuz that?s who pays thier bills

Info wars LOL.. Guess I do not need to read that..

Back