Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Quinn in as GM

jdeb

Quinn in, let the losing continue.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yes, out of the 4 guys. Like him the most.

Now, how long do we have to wait for the Patriots to lose, so that McDaniels is hired?

What's wrong with Quinn?? I won't claim to know a damn thing about Quinn other than he's head of Pro Scouting for the Patriots, and has been with them since 2000. That doesn't mean he's a lock to be successful (see Pioli as Chies GM), but he has major credibility. Not sure who would have been a "better" hire.

What's wrong with Quinn?? I won't claim to know a damn thing about Quinn other than he's head of Pro Scouting for the Patriots, and has been with them since 2000. That doesn't mean he's a lock to be successful (see Pioli as Chies GM), but he has major credibility. Not sure who would have been a "better" hire.

Maybe he wanted White back lol

No experience. Will see. I don't like it.

For some reason i'm not really a big fan of McDaniels as a head coach.

But, just like I prefer Quinn over White.

McDaniels > Jim "thought it was gonna be anything but a hail mary when all signs point to hail mary" Caldwell.

No experience. Will see. I don't like it.

Well, they set up 4 interviews, and all 4 guys had zero experience.

Not exactly abnormal though. Most of the time when a good GM gets hired, he stays for a long time. And when a GM gets fired, he's done as a GM. It's pretty rare for a GM of a team to be fired and then hired somewhere else.

Well, they set up 4 interviews, and all 4 guys had zero experience.

Not exactly abnormal though. Most of the time when a good GM gets hired, he stays for a long time. And when a GM gets fired, he's done as a GM. It's pretty rare for a GM of a team to be fired and then hired somewhere else.

Hey, Mayhew got an interview lol

A guy with plenty of GM experience (Accorsi) must've recommended him, plus he's from a winning organization

I'll take it

A guy with plenty of GM experience (Accorsi) must've recommended him, plus he's from a winning organization

I'll take it

Right, if we are deciding from all unknowns. Except for what they have done for their respective teams in the past. Out of the 4, easily taking Quinn.

No nothing, just like some of the others. And it's not white so I'll also take it.

I like the fact he has a lot of scouting in his background.

I'm good with it lol. Seems like we're kind of going through the motions until one of these guys can actually turn this thing around for good.

Do not like it. Belicheat runs the show there, not a ton of success from the people that have left. Liked the Seahawks guy better.

Do not like it. Belicheat runs the show there, not a ton of success from the people that have left. Liked the Seahawks guy better.

And you think Bill would let him stay for the last sixteen years if he didn't scout well? He may make the roster decisions but I doubt he'd take advice from a shitty scout.

Knowing as much as we can know about any of the candidates i say this is a fine hire. He's been up close and personal with an organization that does a good job setting itself up for success. They have had depth and find a bunch of steady guys but not necessarily super stars. They have a model of consistent excellence. We have been consistently bad. If he can bring over some new methods of scouting and drafting to enhance our team then i like it.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Anyone can draft better than Mayhew did...literally anyone. Great example of how losing a piece makes you instantly better. This guy would have to be blind and braindead to do worse than mayhew. Great hire.

Some thoughts from Pats fans:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...d/threads/bob-quinn-new-gm-for-lions.1127033/

"For him to work in a Belichick-run org and be promoted time and time again tells me the guy did a fantastic job, busted his ass and was thought of very highly."

"Sorry to see him go. Ever since he took over the Pro Scoting department in 2012, this team has done a great job in free agency and in season trades."

Back