Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Football Program...

LuciousGameWinner

What an embarrassing last couple days. 3 players and a coach suspended for allegations of sexual assault. I don't care who the players are, if there is an ounce of truth to the allegations they need to be kicked off the team. On top of that Demetrius Cooper spit on a parking police officers face...what a shit show.

"TRASH PROGRAM ENDS IN DUMPSTER FIRE."

If I was the guy who wrote newspaper headlines, that would be the one I write for this story.

And Curtis Blackwell has been suspended. Something is going on. Corley (who is rumored to be involved in all this) hasn't tweeted anything since the incident hit social media. Supposedly LJ Scott and King are involved too.

Not a good look, but the story circulating makes it seem unlikely charges will come.

Prosecutor told the police they'd need more evidence.

Last edited:
Hopefully this turns out to be another hoax like most high profile campus sexual assault cases that don't come out of uofm or Notre Dame but we'll have to wait to find out. I'm shocked they've been able to keep the details under wraps - there's been nothing about the actual allegation(s) or Blackwell's involvement, not that I've seen anyway. It's frustrating to not know what's going on but it seems like they're handling it the right way so far.

Last edited:
And Curtis Blackwell has been suspended. Something is going on. Corley (who is rumored to be involved in all this) hasn't tweeted anything since the incident hit social media. Supposedly LJ Scott and King are involved too.

unless he deletes a lot of tweets, he's not prolific on twitter. he had 2 tweets in December then a gap of a whole month. Not saying he's not involved, but I wouldn't look at this as any indication.

expect an announcement on the 3 players today

expect an announcement on the 3 players today

Heard this week for sure, today would be good. It's been over 5 months.

247 writer is guessing no charges for 2 of 3, and 50-50 on charges for the 3rd. Also says it's possible all 3 may transfer regardless to get a clean start. Title IX investigation will take until Fall to wrap up, but without charges who knows.

Heard this week for sure, today would be good. It's been over 5 months.

247 writer is guessing no charges for 2 of 3, and 50-50 on charges for the 3rd. Also says it's possible all 3 may transfer regardless to get a clean start. Title IX investigation will take until Fall to wrap up, but without charges who knows.

2 of them at least are back on social media, you'd have to assume any lawyer would have said that they should stay off while things are pending. one of them just created a new snapchat screen name with MSU in it.

I'd think that title 9 is completed, just waiting on criminal to make an announcement.

2 of them at least are back on social media, you'd have to assume any lawyer would have said that they should stay off while things are pending. one of them just created a new snapchat screen name with MSU in it.

I'd think that title 9 is completed, just waiting on criminal to make an announcement.

Yeah, I've heard two different version of the incident, and it really seems like at least 2 of the 3 did absolutely nothing. Best case is that all 3 are still with the team this Fall. Most likely to me is that 2 of the 3 are and the 3rd transfers even if he isn't charged.

Regardless, this has been a bad event, and the accuser obviously thinks she was violated so I hope she is satisfied by the outcome, she's no less a Spartan than the 3 players and deserves respect and compassion.

Edit: 247 writer has heard previously all 3 will transfer. That would suck that they have to transfer if they did nothing wrong.

Last edited:
Casey Harrison @CHarrisonTSN
The sexual assault investigation allegedly involving three MSU football players is still under review, per Ingham County Prosecutor's Office
11:57 AM - 22 May 2017

Apparently it takes several months to review cases like these...

So the story on the AP says the Title IX investigation has been concluded. If they found wrong doing it gets referred to the student council, if not it's just closed with no comment.

Concluded? Does that mean closes? If so this is over from that angle.

So the story on the AP says the Title IX investigation has been concluded. If they found wrong doing it gets referred to the student council, if not it's just closed with no comment.

Concluded? Does that mean closes? If so this is over from that angle.

They can't comment on the outcome due to privacy laws. the two possible outcomes is that no wrongdoing was found and the matter is then closed or they get referred to a panel for discipline ranging from a warning to expulsion. based on social media, at least one of the players is still enrolled and taking classes.

They can't comment on the outcome due to privacy laws. the two possible outcomes is that no wrongdoing was found and the matter is then closed or they get referred to a panel for discipline ranging from a warning to expulsion. based on social media, at least one of the players is still enrolled and taking classes.

All kinds of rumors flying around, mostly good.

Rumor 1, all 3 will be cleared of charges by the DA this week. This comes from a few sources, but 1 is one of the players best friend who happens to be an early entry freshman for UM football, it's possible the DA already told the accused they won't face charges. Announcement coming Friday.

Rumor 2, the WR of the 3 is enrolled at MSU for at least Summer classes.

Rumor 3, they were told a few days ago the Title IX investigation found no wrong doing.

Rumor 4, the WR in question recently followed a WR coach from Independence Community College in KS, so maybe he's transferring.

Or maybe all the rumors are false. It's nice to hear rumors like this than the rumors from the media back when this all broke in February, some pretty irresponsible reporting. We reads reports of people being led out of the football building in handcuffs, and reports that there was a brutal video of a gang rape, none of that was true. I really wish Coach D could ban several members of the press from campus.

Last edited:
All kinds of rumors flying around, mostly good.

Rumor 1, all 3 will be cleared of charges by the DA this week. This comes from a few sources, but 1 is one of the players best friend who happens to be an early entry freshman for UM football, it's possible the DA already told the accused they won't face charges. Announcement coming Friday.

Rumor 2, the WR of the 3 is enrolled at MSU for at least Summer classes.

Rumor 3, they were told a few days ago the Title IX investigation found no wrong doing.

Rumor 4, the WR in question recently followed a WR coach from Independence Community College in KS, so maybe he's transferring.

Or maybe all the rumors are false. It's nice to hear rumors like this than the rumors from the media back when this all broke in February, some pretty irresponsible reporting. We reads reports of people being led out of the football building in handcuffs, and reports that there was a brutal video of a gang rape, none of that was true. I really wish Coach D could ban several members of the press from campus.

The following of the WR coach has been verified but I wouldn't read too much into that. Obviously there was some kind of status change on Friday when they all returned to social media, then the announcement yesterday. rumor 2 is confirmed, the WR put something on snapchat yesterday that he was looking to find out who was in the same summer class that he was.

The following of the WR coach has been verified but I wouldn't read too much into that. Obviously there was some kind of status change on Friday when they all returned to social media, then the announcement yesterday. rumor 2 is confirmed, the WR put something on snapchat yesterday that he was looking to find out who was in the same summer class that he was.

If the WR was transferring, I doubt he would be taking Summer classes at MSU, and it sounds like he just got his classes too.

Honestly, the DE playing for us this Fall is the bog one. He looked like a freshman Will Gholston last season, was so close to making big plays and constantly beat his man, just couldn't quite get there. Wouldn't surprise me if he is an All Big Ten level guy as a sophomore.

Obviously they played some part of a role in something serious. The fact it's taken so long I guess kind of backs that up. Regardless of how this ends up, maybe it's best for everyone involved for fresh starts elsewhere.

Why not just use their names if you know who they are? Are you guys on the investigation committee and thus sworn to secrecy?

So much for the "no charges" rumor. Looks like all three are being charged. Didn't two more players leave the program over the weekend? What an embarrassment...actually that's putting it lightly. This is a shit show. Dantonio has to go, no way I'm attending a single game while he is here.

So much for the "no charges" rumor. Looks like all three are being charged. Didn't two more players leave the program over the weekend? What an embarrassment...actually that's putting it lightly. This is a shit show. Dantonio has to go, no way I'm attending a single game while he is here.

let's pump the brakes here for a second. I'm not going to make excuses for the 3 men that were charged today - they will have they're day in court so they shouldn't be judged prematurely. as for Dantonio, according to the article I read, the independent investigators report said his handling of the sexual assault case was above reproach
and senior football staff all handled the case appropriately. granted, there have been other things outside of the sexual assault case, but I don't think dantonio has lost control of the program.

there have been an inordinate number of violations this year, but from what I can tell, they're not things that can be controlled easily and it appears they 've all been dealt with properly, swiftly and publicly. if I'm wrong and this isn't an outlier year then yeah, he should be on the hot seat. he should also be on the hot seat if he doesn't win 8 games this year, canned if he doesn't win 7.

Back