Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Nba attendence

Agree .. I wonder if Gores wishes he had stayed in Auburn Hills ?

Umm, I don't this is news, but the Pistons have been bad AND boring to watch for nearly an entire decade now. It takes most fans more than a few weeks to figure out if this team is actually any good. But even then, it's notable that attendance is actually UP by a sizable percentage this year. Winning IS bringing in more fans.

Detroit has the worst attendance of any team since 2012. The attendance is been historically bad at times. And I can't really blame fans for it. The product on the court has been horrendous. Their best year since fans realized the team was garbage was 15-16, which not surprisingly corresponded with the team's best record since 2008. Of course, that record was still a paltry 44-38, and realistically provided no great expectations going forward.

Keep winning, especially against good teams, and the fans will come. They've already started (as I mentioned, attendance is up overall in spite of the new arena actually having fewer total seats). That's always been the case here.

Last edited:
Back