Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2018 Free Agency

he could be a game changer for a team that's willing to take the risk. He certainly won't cost as much as the first time he hit FA

Bring him back!!

Just kidding..that would never happen. But you?re right, he will be an impact player for someone this year. I just sincerely hope it?s not for an NFCN team.

On a related note, WTF is Miami doing? They get almost zero cap relief this year by cutting him. They have now gotten rid of Ajayi, Landry and Suh in less than 5 months. Are they trying to tank this year or what?

Bring him back!!

Just kidding..that would never happen. But you?re right, he will be an impact player for someone this year. I just sincerely hope it?s not for an NFCN team.

On a related note, WTF is Miami doing? They get almost zero cap relief this year by cutting him. They have now gotten rid of Ajayi, Landry and Suh in less than 5 months. Are they trying to tank this year or what?

the article says that Miami would save $17M against the 2018 cap if they designate him as a post-June 1st cut vs $3.9M if they don't. They will certainly use that option.

the article says that Miami would save $17M against the 2018 cap if they designate him as a post-June 1st cut vs $3.9M if they don't. They will certainly use that option.

Ah that?s right. I forgot you could do that. However it still doesn?t really help them this offseason since the vast majority of FA will be signed long before June 1st. That money will be available next offseason tho I suppose.

13 dead for suh for miami in 2019 using post june 1st. Serves them right for that deal

Said it months ago.....Suh (if he'd even think about a return) would be perfect here. Frees up Ziggy and whatever DE we draft in the first round. Gives us an interior pass rush and would free up Davis.

He's a perfect fit here.

I still don't think he'd even think about a return though. I think the initial reason he wanted out of Detroit is because he hates Detroit. I don't see a reason for him to want to come back.

According to NFL network Trey Burton to the Lions is picking up steam.....which certainly would be the end of the MUN era.

Lions have serious interest in Malcom Butler.

Last edited:
According to NFL network Trey Burton to the Lions is picking up steam.....which certainly would be the end of the MUN era.

He went to the same high school as my brother, so that would be cool. Hopefully he would have a breakout season here.

Anyone talking about or even heard anything on Richardson or Wilikerson?

I hope we don't get Butler. I've never been impressed with him. I get he made that one great play in the Superbowl. However he really has done little else.

At best he seems to be an average #2. However I feel based on name and that one play he will be paid a lot more. Pass on him.

Back