Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

why stock market go down?

Reactions to domestic and geopolitical events tend to be transitory for the most part - you get the rally or sell off as people make knee jerk reactions, but unless there's real and lasting economic impact, they blow over pretty quickly with little or no lasting impact.

The pimco bond fund has sucked for years people are just looking for other areas of future return now in a rising rate environment the banks haven’t passed on any of the rate increases to its savers yet either they hogging it all for themself I suspect that will start to change soon

Gold held up today, Bitcoin still in free fall

Last edited:
Crypto market is where the real slaughter is...ka plunk, easy come easy go, poof ghondi go the bits and byte coins

I'm extremely uneasy about it. It's been proven a few times in recent months that one hack means your currency is gone with no protection.

Also, those crypto miners completely fucked the market for GPUs. Fuck them.

Sad picture of Wall Street traders reacting as stock market plunges:

r3g47hu0khe01.jpg

MSNBC just showed a half-dozen times when Trump publicly bragged about market gains under his administration...any bets that he won't deny having ever done so, if the DJIA, NASDAQ, and S&P continue to slide?

Oh wait....he left that for his lying press secretary spokesgobblin Huckabee-Sanders to explain.

Tsar Trumpov also publicly referred to Congressional Democrats as treasonous traitors for not being enthusiastic enough during his SotU address....forgetting that Republicans did likewise during Obama's SotUs, including one where a member loudly yelled out that he was a liar.

Last edited:
MSNBC just showed a half-dozen times when Trump publicly bragged about market gains under his administration...any bets that he won't deny having ever done so, if the DJIA, NASDAQ, and S&P continue to slide?

Oh wait....he left that for his lying press secretary spokesgobblin Huckabee-Sanders to explain.

Tsar Trumpov also publicly referred to Congressional Democrats as treasonous traitors for not being enthusiastic enough during his SotU address....forgetting that Republicans did likewise during Obama's SotUs, including one where a member loudly yelled out that he was a liar.

They don't care. Being presidential is a thing of the past (Until a guy they don't like does the same thing). I've stopped bringing non policy things like this up because it's pointless. They either don't care/ignore it or blame the media.

Last edited:
Why today some stocks go up, other stocks go down?

are liberal stocks going down while Republitard stocks go up because they're motivated by profit, not altruism?

Trump deciding which stocks go up?

Deep State government shutdown making soem stocks go down?

I don't put too much stock on those claims from any president. I do think we're seeing an acceleration of growth and I think while he deserves some derision and criticism, he at least deserves some credit for that (among other things as well).

comps are gonna get tougher and tougher for companies to beat, particularly as interest rates rise and credit gets more expensive. We're overdue for a correction and now people are beginning to think they haven't priced in the very real possibility the Fed may be more aggressive. I've been wanting to own VXX for awhile but haven't wanted to pay for the decay as volatility flat-lined, now I'm wishing I hadn't overthought it. I'm not calling a bottom but I'll probably start putting $ to work and "buy the dip" here and there and maybe some VXX too. I think the economy will continue to get stronger, multiple may contract a bit and the market probably won't put up 2017 numbers but I don't expect a recession or a prolonged bear market at this point.

He directly tied the stock market growth to himself and his presidency. So he needs to own the recent correction/fall.

Last edited:
He directly tied the stock market boom to himself and his presidency. So he needs to own the recent correction/fall.

most presidents make similar claims - and i discount those as well. But if you're trying to make the point that he has to own the correction, so what?
Isn't he still up about 19%?

most presidents make similar claims - and i discount those as well. But if you're trying to make the point that he has to own the correction, so what?

I've never connected the two as well. But didn't the economy begin to grow at the end of the last presidency? Didn't the unemployment rate start to fall in the last few years?

There's no rhyme or reason or one person that contributes to it. But, I don't remember most presidents saying "I AM THE REASON" why the economy is doing well. That's unique to this dude.

Last edited:
House Republicans have concocted a budget bill with the stipulation that (increased) military spending becomes permanent...no way does that get the yea from Democrats...save a few Blue Dogs. We already spend more than a quarter-trillion too much on it already. The real "Cold War" has gone mostly electronic and virtual. And the MIC has already demonstrated how inept that they are vs Sino-Cosshackers and cyber-security.

But hey....having shiny new expen$$$ive toys to show off, "Trumps" having more sophisticated and beefed-up security technology.

Last edited:

I can't think of many, if any other former candidates of any political persuasion making such outrageously boastful claims as often as Hair Furor has, is, and will.

He will never gain even a neutral approval rating of 50%, which every predecessor of his has managed to achieve or bettered.

I've never connected the two as well. But didn't the economy begin to grow at the end of the last presidency? Didn't the unemployment rate start to fall in the last few years?

There's no rhyme or reason or one person that contributes to it. But, I don't remember most presidents saying "I AM THE REASON" why the economy is doing well. That's unique to this dude.

that's definitely not true. all presidents in office when the economy is on the rise take credit for it.

Back