Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Malcolm Butler : Pats Gave up on me

Last edited:
I get the feeling some serious shit could go down, who, where, and what....
not sure yet. Will wait to see the sports at 6.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2018/02/...ng-details-patriots-belichick-super-bowl-lii/
?Perfect Storm Of Issues? Led To Malcolm Butler?s Benching.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2018/02/06/malcolm-butler-statement-super-bowl-lii-patriots-belichick/
Malcolm Butler Says He Did Not Miss Any Curfews During Super Bowl Week.

Here is Butler?s full statement from Twitter:

I want to thank Mr. Kraft, the Kraft family, and my coaches for giving me an opportunity to play for one of the most successful organizations in sports. I also want to thank my teammates, as we have won a lot of games together, and all I know is winning! I have always respected everyone at the New England Patriots organizations from Custodians, staff and Coach Belichick.

In each of my four years we have achieved Conference Championships or Super Bowl victories since I arrived in New England. All of this would not be possible without thanking some of the best fans in the world who have supported me from day one and, always let me know how much they appreciated me here in New England. During my four year career with Patriots I have always given it everything I have to play at a high level, and would never do anything to my teams? chances of winning a game, including this year?s Super Bowl where I visited with my family every night. During Super Bowl week I never attended any concert, missed curfew, or participated in any of the ridiculous activities being reported. They are not only false, but hurtful, to me and my family. Although I wish I could have contributed more to help my team win, I have to get ready for the next opportunity. Moving forward I will do what I have always done to work hard, and prepare for next season to be the best I can be on the field.

Finally, I want to apologize to any offended by my language reported immediately after the game during a very emotional time. It was out of character for me and my character, and heart with Gods? help if what got me to where I am today. I can?t wait for the 2018 season to get here. I will be ready!

Back