Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Iowa

Izzo said the team will have today off. I see it all across the Big Ten, not just us, but this schedule is murder.

That being said, this team has not improved like we expected, they seem to lack purpose and confidence. Worst 23-3 team in the country :) Let's see what happens Saturday, I'd guess we'll be a 2-3 point underdog.

5th game in 12 days. We were bad, but damned if we don?t seem to get every team?s best shot. We have 3 days rest before Purdue. Hope we play well Saturday or we will lose.

Jaren Jackson was sick, missed practice on Monday

It seems like this group, on the road at least, lacks a killer instinct. There were plenty of opportunities to put IU and Iowa away early, but they kept those teams in the games to the point where it almost burned them

5th game in 12 days. We were bad, but damned if we don?t seem to get every team?s best shot. We have 3 days rest before Purdue. Hope we play well Saturday or we will lose.

do we? I've been wondering about this for a while now. We've been saying/hearing that for the last year or so and I believed it as much as anyone. But lately I'm not so sure. Maybe we do face a little extra effort but we also do things that allow teams to have their best nights. The defense was awful last night. During the holiday stretch the defense looked unreal completely shutting down bad teams and even some supposedly good ones like UNC and ND. now we're letting a basement dweller hang 90+ on us.

If it is that we're getting everyone's best shot, with the way this defense is playing that's gonna be a problem when we play purdue, villanova, dook, xavier, etc because if we play like that against any of those teams on their best night, we'll get destroyed.

This team, despite some good overall numbers defensively, is too dependent on JJJ and his rim protection. When he went out with fouls in the first half, Iowa started to score and gain confidence, setting the stage for the second half. Everyone else got murdered in the post.

Izzo also decided to play chicken yet again with the lineup taking Winston out for 9 minutes because he "didn't like his body language" while Ward and Jackson were already on the bench.

It seems like this group, on the road at least, lacks a killer instinct. There were plenty of opportunities to put IU and Iowa away early, but they kept those teams in the games to the point where it almost burned them

Seems like they're too nice of a group, they need some assholes on this team who want to just put their foot on peoples throat, play a little dirty, get a T from time to time, be cold hearted. I've seen that a little bit from ward but that's it

This was one of the most explosive MSU teams ive ever seen up until the 2nd B10 game. then some other team started showing upto games that I had never seen before. Since then we are a decent, turnover laden team. Scraping by a few lackluster B10 teams by 6 -8 points over and over. Not to mention going down to the wire twice against rutgers when they are routinly getting smoked by everyone else. baffling to say the least. These softies arent going to win any trophies this year. Shame....

Well, we'll be facing an angry Purdue team now Saturday. Big time win for OSU to go in there and pull that off.

If we win Saturday the Big Ten race is suddenly up for grabs because I still see a potential loss or two on OSU's schedule.

Well, we'll be facing an angry Purdue team now Saturday. Big time win for OSU to go in there and pull that off.

If we win Saturday the Big Ten race is suddenly up for grabs because I still see a potential loss or two on OSU's schedule.

maybe they could lose at Michigan but I don't see them dropping any other games into the stretch. At PSU may be questionable considering they lost to them at home but I don't see lightning striking twice there. And aren't they in the driver's seat now, with the tiebreaker against Purdue? I don't know the order of tiebreakers but I assume head to head comes before overall schedule - is that not correct? If it is correct then they win the B1G by winning out - that's gotta be a big motivating factor?

What's the order of tiebreakers for a 3 way tie assuming we beat PU and OSU drops one more?

Last edited:
maybe they could lose at Michigan but I don't see them dropping any other games into the stretch. At PSU may be questionable considering they lost to them at home but I don't see lightning striking twice there. And aren't they in the driver's seat now, with the tiebreaker against Purdue? I don't know the order of tiebreakers but I assume head to head comes before overall schedule - is that not correct? If it is correct then they win the B1G by winning out - that's gotta be a big motivating factor?

What's the order of tiebreakers for a 3 way tie assuming we beat PU and OSU drops one more?

The Big Ten doesn't do tie breakers for the Big Ten Title, it would be a 3 way tie for the regular season crown.

For the Tourney seeding it would be OSU #1, MSU #2, and Purdue #3 based on head to head.

Mega-conferences with and the lack of a double round robin schedule sucks for basketball.

Angry or not we'll have a crazy environment at Breslin, I like us in this matchup. Purdue doesn't rebound well, Haas is huge but moves about as fast as a beached whale. I think we can throw a lot of bodies at him and run, run, run, until he's gassed. Look for Schilling to get some quality minutes in this game, I think he can match up well defensively. Purdue is an inside/out offense and we can effectively disrupt the inside portion of that.

Mega-conferences with and the lack of a double round robin schedule sucks for basketball.

I despise mega conferences for this reason. Regular season conference titles are meaningless now, just ask Indiana a couple years ago who wasn?t very good yet ducked every good team for multiple matchups. Even football sucks because a few games are dependent on who you might draw on the other side of the conference (like if a west team played rutgers Maryland and Indiana as their crossover games).

I believe SEC used to keep their divisions in place for basketball. I wish we did that as well.

The Big Ten doesn't do tie breakers for the Big Ten Title, it would be a 3 way tie for the regular season crown.

For the Tourney seeding it would be OSU #1, MSU #2, and Purdue #3 based on head to head.

of course, that was a major brain fart on my part. And tiebreakers for seeding won't matter that much since all 3 will get byes for the "play in" and first full round - particularly for the 2 & 3 since they'd presumably play each other in the next round.

Back