Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Vs Purdue

Haas got his, but they totally shut down Vincent Edwards and contained Carsen Edwards pretty well after some early makes.

I thought purdue would win. Mcquaid got us out of the stodgy funk with those two 3”s

Big jumpshot by Goins to tie it with about 46 seconds left too, and I was about to throw something through the TV for him taking it in the first place, lol.

Last edited:
Huge win! Hated the shot selection from Bridges, but he hit it so I guess i can't bitch, right?

What sucks now is that we might have to hope Michigan beats OSU since that's probably the Buckeyes toughest game left. I can't remember the last time the Wolvies beat them at anything.

He's had bigger numbers in other games, but it's one of the best games I've seen Bridges play in a Spartan uniform. He won it with the 3, but he scored in a variety of ways and scored an efficient 20 (on 9-14 shooting).

Big jumpshot by Goins to tie it with about 46 seconds left too, and I was about to throw something through the TV for him taking it in the first place, lol.

That was a very important shot. 8 points by Goins and Mcquaid that really took the pressure off the "supposed to" players.

UVA in OT after Va Tech choked in regulation. If Tech can pull it out we’d be #1.

Why in the world did we not double team haas a single time? Great win still

Fraud ass Virginia just choked too, we should be the new number one

I am not sure we should jump Virginia or Villanova. Each only has 2 losses and are playing in stronger conferences. I'd prefer not to be #1 anyway.

And regarding Virginia, I don't think I'd call a team that had been undefeated in the ACC up till this point and won at Duile fraudulent. Though in the NCAAs defense can only take you so far.

Last edited:
UVA loses at home to a Bubble team. Nova takes a bad loss to 2-11 St. John's team at home. We beat #3 Purdue.

We should be #1.

The way I see it, between the rest of the regular season and the BTT, we can afford 1 loss and still be a #1 seed. So win out and lose late in the BTT and we're a#1 IMO. Lose 1 in the regular season and then win the BTT and we should get a #1 seed.

I am not sure we should jump Virginia or Villanova. Each only has 2 losses and are playing in stronger conferences. I'd prefer not to be #1 anyway.

And regarding Virginia, I don't think I'd call a team that had been undefeated in the ACC up till this point and won at Duile fraudulent. Though in the NCAAs defense can only take you so far.

I just think Bennettball is an absolute joke. At some point you have to have a semi competent offense to win something of note.

UVA loses at home to a Bubble team. Nova takes a bad loss to 2-11 St. John's team at home. We beat #3 Purdue.

We should be #1.

The way I see it, between the rest of the regular season and the BTT, we can afford 1 loss and still be a #1 seed. So win out and lose late in the BTT and we're a#1 IMO. Lose 1 in the regular season and then win the BTT and we should get a #1 seed.

I'm not going to say we "should" get anything. The committee has hosed us numerous times in the past with the seeds (including not giving us a #1 two years ago, and us then losing to MTSU didn't change my thoughts on that at all). And I have a feeling Big Ten teams in general, whichever ones make it, could get hammered this year.

I saw something written recently suggesting Tennessee right now would be in line for the final #1 seed. That would have to be a joke.

Last edited:
Goins 30 mins

Ward and Jackson 24 total mins
I was screaming for those 2 to come in but Izzo liked the match up with Schilling on Haas. This game was won with bench play

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I was screaming for those 2 to come in but Izzo liked the match up with Schilling on Haas. This game was won with bench play

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

you're right and it's a good point - Schilling on Haas was a good matchup. but why can't he put Ward or Jackson as a second big instead of Goins? 30 minutes for going vs a combined 24 for the other two shouldn't happen in big games like this. the foul trouble argument falls apart with schilling and even Carter getting some time.

what's the deal w/ Carter? is he just not what we hoped or is he not the same since the injury?

Last edited:
The committee has us as a 3 seed right now, and Purdue as a 1 even after losing twice this week. Will probably need to win out to get a 1 seed, including beating some combination of Purdue and OSU in the final 2 rounds of the BTT.

I don't necessarily agree with some of the teams currently on the 2 line. Cincinnati doesn't have that many quality wins either. Auburn is leading a pretty good SEC but have gotten the easier end of the league schedule so far and beat no one of note OOC. And I'm not sure how many more games Kansas needs to lose before people start dropping them.

Last edited:
The committee has us as a 3 seed right now, and Purdue as a 1 even after losing twice this week. Will probably need to win out to get a 1 seed, including beating some combination of Purdue and OSU in the final 2 rounds of the BTT.

I don't necessarily agree with some of the teams currently on the 2 line. Cincinnati doesn't have that many quality wins either. Auburn is leading a pretty good SEC but have gotten the easier end of the league schedule so far and beat no one of note OOC. And I'm not sure how many more games Kansas needs to lose before people start dropping them.

I'm looking at the seeds and I have to wonder if this is a bad joke - Cinci, Clemson and Auburn all seeded above us right now is ridiculous. You can look at the schedule and make an argument for Texas Tech, but I think we beat them 7 out of 10 times. And then Purdue, with back to back losses including one to us. And what about Xavier? they lost to Providence and weren't even in the game against Villanova - I'll put our 3 losses against theirs and our 2 decent wins against their none anyday. The Big East isn't any tougher than the B1G. Putting us as the 3rd 3 seed is absurd.

I'm looking at the seeds and I have to wonder if this is a bad joke - Cinci, Clemson and Auburn all seeded above us right now is ridiculous. You can look at the schedule and make an argument for Texas Tech, but I think we beat them 7 out of 10 times. And then Purdue, with back to back losses including one to us. And what about Xavier? they lost to Providence and weren't even in the game against Villanova - I'll put our 3 losses against theirs and our 2 decent wins against their none anyday. The Big East isn't any tougher than the B1G. Putting us as the 3rd 3 seed is absurd.

Totally agree. Any sane mind can?t put us any lower than a 2 seed right now.

Yeah, I think obviously the down Big Ten is working against us, only getting the better teams in the Big Ten once a piece and the fact that the worst teams on our non-conference schedule are REALLY bad.

But Xavier, Cincinnati, and Auburn really do not have much in the way of notable wins. Heck if we can move up to a 2 and get into a Region where Xavier is a 1, I'd take that all day long. Look at how many mediocre teams they've squeaked by all year, and they got an absolute gift by the refs in that game vs Creighton yesterday. It seems to be a common thing too where the Big East all get overseeded and then flame out in the NCAAs. I think they've learned how to game the RPI.

Back