Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Cassius Winston on fire

johnny2x2x

28 points 5 assists 0 turnovers. 12-15 from the floor. 23 of his points in the 2nd half. He took the game over and was unstoppable. Scored 18 of our last 24 from the floor and assisted on 2 of the other 3 MSU buckets.

We saw that Winston could get to the basket at will all last season, but he had trouble finishing. He is stronger this season and appears to have found his touch around the basket.
I said it last season, Cassius Winston will be a first team All American at MSU and a POY candidate. He understands spacing on offense, can see the court better than anyone, and it was just a matter of time before his body catches up with his mind.

He's not going to do what he did tonight that often this season, but you see what he is capable of.

Team plays North Carolina Sunday night.

I have stayed up for both games. Both games we started really sloppy and couldn’t get any seperation. The hype around miles bridges by the media is complete bs, the guy is nowhere near the best player in college basketball. Everything about his game is so forced, he is the most unsmooth (don’t even think that’s a word) offensive player I have seen this season. Jaren Jackson is the real deal, he just needs to get a little smarter, that’ll come as the season progresses though.
Overall though, this team is the real deal.

Last edited:
The team hasn't played a complete game yet, but seems to be able to put spurts on the other team when it is time to pull away, and can beat you in a number of ways. Those are both good signs.

I'll give Bridges a pass playing on an ankle that probably isn't 100%. He will need to step up vs UNC.

Back